1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News More Computers launches social shopping concept

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 2 Aug 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Sounds pretty good. As someone who works in IT and has a large irish family, I get asked alot by my friends and family about computers and stuff. So 1% of all their purchases sounds good :p

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Their prices are ok, but the layout and search functions on their site make navigation painful, Hmm.

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Agreed, just tried drilling down searching for graphics cards. While I've used better filters, it does say beta so maybe it will improve.

5. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

well that asside here's mine

www.MoreFrom.me/Spartan_PC

My shop is now live, why not check it out. You can buy the latest Laptops, TV's, Cameras, gadgets and lots more From ME

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

So basically all you're doing is earning a discount off of future purchases from them. Tbh, while it's better than not getting anything for recommending stuff to friends and family I think 1% is a bit low considering you don't actually get the cash. Also, wouldn't you want your closest friends and family members to get the best deal on the web, not necessarily the price that More Computers offers?

@edit: Another thing, the low percentage and not getting cash pretty much writes off small businesses using it.

7. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

It is a decent idea in principle. If I were in the situation where I was putting together a lot of builds for friends and family I might give it a try.

8. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

Good idea in principle but 1% is too low to be arsed for £10 on recommended a £1000 PC to them, i'd rather buy the bits my self and stick £50 on it for building it that will take me 1 hour.

Tags: Add Tags