1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling My ALL NEW watercooling layout. Are these temps any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samcat, 7 Apr 2003.

1. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

So new pictures, Res is not mounted properly, with Patented anti vibration folded up cloth ontop of unneeded delta 80mm screamer ;)

Rad is a thermochill 92.1, takes a 92mm fan (I am running two, one pushing, one pulling). The one pulling is mounted to a 92mm fan chassis without a fan so that there is a nice (over 2") standoff from the fan to radiator.
    The fans are YS-tech 92mm quiet fans. All fans in pc are attached to my 3.5" rheobus (12v - 7v)..

Cpu block is OCPC atlantis aluminum top (had issues with acrylic top)

Res is from [edited out to prevent trouble], and contains a maxijet pump.

Water comes out of the res (top right of the picture) from the bottom barb, Flows into the radiator (bottom right of the picture) then out of the rad into the flow meter, from this into the cpu, From the CPU to the inline temp sensor, then back into the res.

Have been running seti for the last few hours, as well as playing games etc and MBM5 reports the following:

AVERAGES TEMPS
    CPU (on die temp) 47oC
    Northbridge temp 48oC
    Under CPU 39oC

MAX TEMPS
    CPU (on die temp) 51oC
    Northbridge temp 50oC
    Under CPU 39oC

Water temp is currently 27.7oC

Are these good temps?

CPU is an XP 2100+, running at default voltage (1.75 core)and 133 fsb in my ABIT KD7-raid.

Graphics cooling is taken care of by a Zalman ZM80 heatpipe, northbridge cooling is taken care of by a Zalman NB block.

Cya,
    sam C

2. dreamie

dreamie What's a Dremel?

where did u get that flow indicator?

3. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

Simple version:
    http://www.overclockedpc.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=38_27&products_id=73

My version:
    http://www.thecoolingshop.co.uk/tcs/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=431

Mines, the posher version with a little circuit board. it has 2 blue leds, and connects to one of my mobo fan headers, and gives an RPM output :)

Going to be removing the block, cleaning the shin-etsu pads off the block and core and using AS3 this time around.
    Also going to ditch the shim.

See the sound card, just below my GFX card... MAudio Revolution 7.1 ;)

Cya,
    Sam C

4. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Why do you have two fans stuck together? That doesn't necesserally double airflow, turbulence between the two sets of blades actually causes problems with airflow and usually prevents the fans from spinning properly

[edit] Nevermind, I actually read the post now... sorry :)

5. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Where are all your drives?

6. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

Where are all your drives?

Its a yeong yang cube case.
    The side you are seeing holds the mobo/accessorie cards.
    The other side holds upto 6 5.25" devices and 8 Hdd's, and a PSU.

:)

Plenty of room, plus the watercooling bits are sitting in what was empty space before! So its not at all restrictive space wise :D Thats why I love this case

Cya,
    Sam C

7. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

Case in its bare form:

http://www.listan.de/index.php?seitenr=a0001s1

front
    [​IMG]

Motherboard side, I remove the card support bit
    [​IMG]

Drives side. PSU sits below the 8 hdd rack at the back.
    [​IMG]

Back.
    [​IMG]

Note. The version pictures is the new version, which has a 120mm intake on the Mobo side, mine is the older version which only has a 92mm intake. There's not enough room there for a 120mm radiator anyway. I measured :)

Cya,
    Sam C

8. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Hehe, yes I was confused at first until I noticed the motherboard power vanish behind the tray. Then it clicked :)

9. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

The temps arent too bad...they arent the greatest in the world either...How are you getting these temps...If its not a core temp probe then you need to get one to show your true temps as most motherboards only measure the temp of the air around the core, not the actually core and without fan over the core the air is alot warmer...

10. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

Haddy,

If you read the post you will notice that its the CPU (on die) temperature. I also list the under cpu temps.

:)

Cya,
    Sam C

11. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

You mean I gotta actually read the damn post!?!? Whats this world comming too!!!!! I usualy get bored after the first sentence and the just look at pictures...:p

.....Those temps do seem a touch high to me...but then I saw OCPC and it all made sense.....

<- non ocpc supporter...

12. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

Me either, will not be buying from them again. Jess was very unreceptive when I approached him with my cracked neptune block (lucite had cracked in about 4 places, block was treated extra carefully as I know how fragile lucite can be). Got an aluminum topped atlantis as I didnt want lucite topped again.

Going to make my own block eventually... Got access to some nice mills and lathes, just gotta be bothered to get around to it.

Anyway, will be trying to reseat it all one evening, as I think its not quite sitting right.

Cya,
    Sam C

Tags: