1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

-= N a r a y a n =- (AT to ATX) - [ Dec. 23rd ]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Skylined, 23 Jul 2004.

1. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

hilmana give it a chance im sure hes not going to leave it beige. good luck on teh mod mad :thumb:

2. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

If you read the entire log, all that I've said, you'll see that this isn't only about making it from AT to ATX, it's going to have tons of mods. ;)

The main reason why I'm not doing anything new nor updating has already been explained.
    "Bad News...
    I went to that bagpipe workshop and I was really having problems blowing my bagpipe, it's beign uber hard to blow and play a tune with it.
    We found that my bagpipe's bag is leaking air, so I've already bought a new bag that is 230US$, so now I have to save money to pay it.
    Unless my girlfriend gives me money, or I can do some real cheap mods, this project is in standby mode. So if you have ideas of cheap mods I can do meanwhile I get the money, throw them here, I'll really appretiate them."

Take a look at Skylined, I've been modding it for 2 years and it's still beign modded. There's always something new to do.

As somebody pointed in IRC, I envy most of you because you have a garage, a workshop or something like that where you can mod comfortably, you also have lots of tools, you have money, you can get a lot of tools and modding stuff, all those tools and stuff are cheap there.
    I don't have any place to mod, I have only few tools, the currency here is 1US$ = 30U$, there aren't any modding shops here or a big shop such as Sears where you can find anything, if you can find something here, it's going to be a lot more expensive than there, and if I import any of them, I have to pay 80% of taxes over the product's cost and over s/h's cost, and the "gift" or "free sample" trick doesn't work.

For all you people making an AT to ATX send me a PM or something to your thread. ;)

3. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

My gf tells me that this sounds like if I'm crying or whining, I'm not, it's just the truth that I live with, so if I mod something, it just takes a lot more time.

Also some people at IRC told me that living in my country really sucks when they tell me to get something and I tell them that I cannot because I cannot get it here and I have to pay that 80%, and their reply "move to another country", "move to usa", etc.

My point is, it's really hard to be a modder in this country if you don't have a lot of money.

4. Grunt

Grunt What's a Dremel?

I think you're overlooking the average age here. Most ppl on here are youngsters (I hope I still am, am 30) and they just dont understand the implications of living in another country. Let alone the American youth since american ppl seem to think America is the only country on this planet and that there's only one way and that's the American way (sorry USA folks :p)

I have to correct you on one thing tho.. you don't have to little tools. You have a dremel. You could mod yourself an empire with that :p

Suggestion about how to get stuff.. get friends in other countries to send you stuff gift-wrapped. If the boxes are not too big, you won't have to pay taxes and can get the stuff for a normal price.

5. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

yeah, i cannot see why parents and teachers dnt teach kids about other cultures? im german myself, and i have lived in the united states ever since i was like 1... but i know about my culture, and i speak the language pretty fluently... i also know about almost all of the other countries and the cultures. i study about them in my free time, but you can only get so much from books... to me every kid should be taught about other cultures and learnt o understand them... lol

6. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

As I've said, the gift or free sample trick doesn't work.
    Here 2 reinforced dremel discs = 16US$
    That's why I'm thinking about buying them in usa and ask if they can put it in an envelope inside a letter. :)
    I've received almost 20 ultra bright LEDs this way without any problem.

7. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

this mod is great, any new updates? is anything else happening to this case? i would like to see more... please?!?! lol

8. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

I need time, a lot of time, this case has... like... 10% of the mods I have in mind, so there's still a lot to do. ;)
    Don't worry, as soon as I do something I'll update.

9. DremelGawD

DremelGawD What's a Dremel?

Looks really nice :D
    Sadly everything Skylined said is true, here in our countries (argentina is right next to uruguay) is really difficult to find any modding stuff, its even more difficult for him cuz here the modding scene is slowly growing and u can find basic stuff not cheap but not amazingly expensive as last year (a "pingo" branded ccfl was like u$22 25, and here the currency is u$1=$3, so would u spend 70$ on a ccfl?! Now u know how we fell... :grr: ).
    Also the tools arent cheap, the first mod i did was made with a hammer and a screwdriver :hip:.

GL with the mod :D

10. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Gracias! ;)
    Me alegra ver a alguien mas que hable español por estos lados. :)

Actually I got my Dremel from Argentina because here they are UBER expensive.
    As he said, my situation is even worse than his, and here there are really few modders, most people have premodded cases and premodded stuff.

Y nada de boludo... arriba el modding carajo!!! ;) :thumb:

11. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

12. sevag

sevag What's a Dremel?

Good luck with this mod! BTW are you by any chance armenian? Because Narayan sounds like an armenian last name. oh well just wondering! :)

13. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Thanks Xen0phobiak, but as I've already said the gift trick doesn't work. :(

sevag: all I know about Narayan is that it's a son of The Prodigy, it's in their album The Fat of the Land.
    Mi nick is also a song of them, but it's at their album Music for the Jilted Generation.
    And last, my avatar is one of their logos. ;)

I'm Uruguayan, spaniard and italian descendant. :)

14. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Don't take everything to heart skylined. I believe that the mod should be about you and your expression. Who cares how long/what it takes to get done, as long as you are happy with your creation.

As I don't have a fist full of dollars my mods will be what I want to see - not trying to put all the latest and greatest into 1 box. But hopefully create something a little different.

I hope you do the lit "big foot" idea. That would be awesome. :rock:

ps. project Skyline looks good. More so in light of the circumstances you have to work with. :thumb:

15. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Minimodder

Just saw this one, I have basically the exact same case you have. And I'll be working on it just as you are. Good luck (I plan on keeping my turbo button, just because it's so old school) :rock:

16. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Thank you guys!

Don't worry, I don't take everything to the heart. :)

I have good news.
    1. I might get money from a lil inversion I'll be making, but before I keep modding this case, I'll get my gf a new HDD.
    2. This monday I'll start working with acrilic, I'm going to do some tests with a friend of mine that could get a router. ;)

17. inzane86

inzane86 engineer with an axe

:eeek: Can't believe it i have modded almost exactly the same case... only I put a mATX mobo in there... there was enough room for another :p
    And cutting a window cost me two angle grinder cutting disks :D

18. PhatMatt

PhatMatt What's a Dremel?

yea man, dont worry about impressing everyone on the forums here- obviously some cases *cough*orac3*cough are better than others, but its all about making yourself happy. ask any of the modders here and they'll tell you the same.

I like the case though- I worked on an old dell AT case and i understand the hard work going into that case just to make it ATX. and i'm sure the metal is just as thick on you PC too. good luck with the mod, and be sure to make yourself happy with it, not everyone else.

Oh- be sure to keep that bar in the middle of the case there- its a GREAT place to hide a cathode!

19. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Well, you said something like " Are you modding an AT to ATX, drop me a
    pm"
    See my sig.
    As for anyone who thinks this AT to ATX-thing is done
    in a day has got it all wrong.
    It takes hours just to figure out problems you run in to ,
    and then it´s all the cutting left.

Give it a chance,would you...

20. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

This project is over.

Unfortunately my gf told me that she doesn't want to keep with me and with our relation as it was, she just wants to be friends, or whatever, except what we were.

I was doing this for her because I love, or loved her, but as you might know, it isn't good to show a person your love when that other person doesn't give any love back to you.

This project was one of the ways to show how much I loved her, give her something that I've worked on, something that was made by me, not only in a material way, but something that was done with all my love.

That's why this project is over, unless some day she gets back and if at that time I want to be with her.

This is sad for me becuse I've lost the person I loved.