1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new camera

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by wizzy2k5, 5 Oct 2007.

1. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

Last edited: 5 Oct 2007
  2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Just looking at the product pictures indicates a clear "YES!".
    Besides all the extra options tech-wise, the fact that the Fuji has a "real" lens, to me, indicates that it's better. Of course, if the lens is crap compared to the one on your compact then I'm wrong but I'm not afraid to bet on it ;)
    I can only say: Try out the new camera. If possible buy it somewhere you can test it for a day or two and return it scott free. The specs of my old semi-compact were crap but I loved it to pieces as it really did the job very well for what I needed.
    Picking a new camera is very much a matter of taste if you've already decided on price and features.
    I bet there are loads of guys here a lot smarter on this subject that can give you some better in-depth as I don't know either of the two.
    But... why not find a used 350D or 400D instead? Or a Nikon for that matter? I mean if you are going for a full body camera, then why not one where you can get lots of extra lenses?

Hope it was worth anything :)

3. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Sorry. Just had to post this from the finepix site (I do think it sounds like a fine camera nonetheless):
    "What really makes the S6500fd stand out from the crowd is its ultra-fast face detection technology. For families, portraiture and any other form of people photography, this camera can tell the difference between a vase of flowers and a human face, meaning that your people photos will be sure-fire winners every time."

So... because the camera can tell the difference between a vase and a person (LOL) your portraits just get better. It's pure face detection magic :)
    So if your mother is butt ugly make sure to take her photo standing next to a vase of flowers so you can blame the camera :D

4. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

haha :D:D cheers OleJ

Here are some shots I got with it

[​IMG]
    probably one of me best

I also tried the macro

[​IMG]