1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News

Discussion in 'General' started by Forsaken, 4 Jun 2001.

1. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

Has there been a lack of news on the front page, or is it just something at my end.

The last post i got was:

SHOCK NEWS JUST IN!!!
    by Moose Thu 31st May 2001
    @ 09:06:27

Is there anything after that ?

2. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

that would be my fault - I am sorry I think its that time of year everyone just got a little too occupied - I will be back with 3 articles very s00n.

B0rg,
    APS2000,
    XXX

;)

3. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

cheers for the kisses m8 (but plz no more - I dont break that way :) ) but whats the third project.............:D:D

......I'm intrigued!!! Too much time on my hands though probably........:)

......NEED PC-70 MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Aye, I got a couple of things to go up too.. I've been very bad.. hopefully this weekend at the latest (from me at least).

5. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

If you need PC70 mods, then panic not. I shall be doing stuff to my own PC70 very soon.

I have a review up at: http://www.philspcmods.com/reviews/llpc70 and will be finishing it over the next few days.

The chopping tools are likely to come out at the weekend, so there'll be some more info then :)

6. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

Wow few days? bloomin hell u work fast! mine will probably take a few years as usual! LOL nah not that long but i'll try to do it quicker than the b0rg at least but I doubt it as im probably gonna go mad as usual.

7. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Nah, I don't work fast, I'm just a saddo with no life :D (don't let me missus read that though;))

8. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

LOL - so whats your plans??

9. SuperScrubber

[​IMG]

...............now thats just asking for it!!!!!! :D :D

.....mind you IMHO windows dont look right on alu cases - maybe just cause I like the original finish - who knows....
    Looking at water cooling so I might not mod mine much if I ever get one, just the mirrored anodised finish........:D:D

10. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Pretty similar to yours by the sound of it.

First up, replace the LEDs with blue ones. Next, hack a hole in the PSU bay to fit the Enermax supply. Then cut out the rear exhaust grills to improve air flow. I'll also be doing stealth drive mods for the CD drive, and will try to figure something out for the floppy drive as well.

After that I'll need to take a breather for a while to get some more money together. Then I'll be setting up some water cooling goodness.

I was originally planning to do it all in a YY Cube, but it looked like I might have been a bit tight for space. The PC70 is a beast of a case though, so I really can't see space being an issue. Specially with the lower HDD caddy out of the way :)

11. SuperScrubber

......pretty similar to what I plan to do aswell...........

Is there enough room above the PSU to fit a radiator do you recon?

Also with a MOBO inside would there be sufficiet room down at the front for a resevoir aswell as the HDD caddy? - I have three HDs that'd be in it and I'd rather not have to sell one or to have them so tightly squashed in if possible...........might have to end up having one in a 5.25" bay I guess.

Anyway I wasn't going to bother having the floppy visble on the outside...........depending on the HDs I was thinking of trying to mount it backwards so the opening was on the inside so I could use it by just taking the side (only time I ever use it is to install windows!!) off but I havent even seen the case so who knows - might be cabling/power problems I cant overcome.
    As for the CDs, stealthy all the way - probably just held on with some double sided tape or something and a spacer above the button so that tapping the right spot will open it.....I'd quite like to have a big blue VFD mounted in the top two drives but I'd probably leave that for a while (bit pricey).............
    Should hopefully be able to buy this bad boy in the middle of august some time but it depends on me getting a job when I get back from Uni.............no money = no case ~my sole motivation!!!!!! :D:D

Its quite cool you guys doing first so at least you could give us a few pointers when my time comes..........:)

12. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

I might as well give up then eh?!

13. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you. I'm nowhere near as good at this stuff as you are, and if it wasn't for reading your review on the PC70, I might not have bought one :)

You also seem to have good relationships with a few suppliers, so can get your hands on stuff to try out. I'm not fortunate enough to be in that position, so if I can't afford to buy it, it doesn't get done :(

Ya never know though, one day, we might be look at www.phils-bit-tech-mods.com :D:D:D