1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo offers Wii Photo Channel downgrade

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

It's not wasted space on my Wii hard drive considering my Wii has only 512MB of flash :p
    Other than that, I did think it was odd dropping the universally accepted mp3 in favour of AAC in the first place however I never "upgraded" anyway.

Still, at least they listened to the consumers and offered a way to change it back.

The further question there is in the email Ninty sent to all the Wiis originally is that consoles pre-loaded with the AAC only version would not be able to downgrade, so essentially out there somewhere are some crippled Wiis that cant revert back to MP3 abilities.

3. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I actually really enjoy the photo channel. Especially doing a video puzzle with alot of pieces.
    I like to see that Nintendo listened to what people had to say.

Why wouldnt they just add support for aac into it alongside the mp3?

4. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

why would you be remotely concerned with media playing ona deivce with entirely removable storage? get an xbox 360 or media center box and stop your complaining :)

5. quack

quack Minimodder

If you bought your console after December with Photo Channel 1.1 built-in, then you're not exactly missing out on a feature as you would never have had it in the first place! :)

6. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

So other than taking away MP3 support, did the update add anything?

7. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

I don't see the problem!!!

For many Mp3 is the format of choice but many rippers will easily convert your tracks to your wii AAC, Lets face it u will only have an SD in there so its not like u will be converting much is it? besides u can fit more on in AAC, look at the conversion tables over on Nero (Burning Software) website, its smaller with no difference in sound over mp3.

Your choice really, and yes it is an odd choice on nintendo's part, as many have only gotten the hang of what mp3 is? never mind AAC, these are many casual gamers who don't have the foggiest at the end of the day!....

Tags: Add Tags