1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Not sure if this should go here but advice please

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

I posted the below on E-Buyer forums because I'm disgusted at how I've been treated after I placed the order and after they took my money, and it's really upset me if I'm honest, advice please?

I ordered one of the MSI GD65 motherboards the day they went on offer and I placed the order dead on 14:00 when the discounted price went live, and apparently the order came up on your system as placed at 14:02 but when I placed the order it clearly stated there were 20+ of that motherboard in stock and at the same time I ordered all of the below.

Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Socket LGA1156 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
    Black Mid Tower Gaming Case with 3x Display Dials on front panel With Side Window - No PSU
    Corsair 4gb (2x2gb) Ddr3 1333mhz Xms3 Memory Kit Cl9 (9-9-9-24)

I was then told by E-Note that I would be receiving 2 orders today (the 10th of September by Parcelforce) but when my partner rang up on my behalf he was told that the motherboard had over sold and wasn't available when my order had gone through to the warehouse, and also that the memory I ordered wasn't available either, even though both were in stock when I placed the order as otherwise I wouldn't have placed the order!

Now I'm told that the motherboard is discontinued (even though it's a brand new board, and that the memory is out of stock so I can't get either of them) the next cheapest motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 iP55 Socket 1156 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard at £86.45 but it's not what I wanted that board is a Mini ATX board! And the price of it is exactly £23.45 more expensive than the MSI board I placed an order for and the sad thing is I was allocated one of the MSI GD65 motherboards when I placed the order and I placed my order extremely quickly when the offer went live as previously stated.

Also the next available memory I could order that's compatible is the Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 XMS3 DHX Memory Kit which is £17 more expensive than the memory I ordered originally.

Altogether it would cost me £40.45 more than it would originally and for a motherboard that's not as good (in my opinion) and for a motherboard that's too small for my needs.

Surely because I didn't make the error and the fact that I had both the memory and the motherboard allocated to me in the orders section when I checked, something can be done where I don't have to pay any extra as I placed the order in good faith and the total cost for my order including the £9.99 "next day delivery" charge was £313.68.

What's also got me mad is that after my partner rang up on my behalf, whoever he spoke to modified the order to show three of the items not allocated even though I have proof they were allocated as I took a screenshot of the order page to back myself up, as they showed as ALL being allocated to me yet now I'm not going to get 2 of the items I ordered, notably the motherboard and the memory, even though were both in stock.

Needless to say I am very very disappointed at this.

I look forward to E-Buyer's response.

P.S) In an E-Mail I only received today from E-buyer it says "Unfortunately we were unaware of this stock discrepancy until your order went through to our warehouse to be dispatched" even though all items were in stock.

2. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

These things happen, they ranout of stock and well, what can you do? Cancel all the order and start again and if your that unhappy buy from someone else?

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Unlucky. From the sounds of it, at least a couple of places oversold. It was a stupidly low amount allocated tbh.

4. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Yea, you should direct most of your anger at MSI for causing this kind of lottery amongst honest consumers who think they could get a good deal (especially when a lot of us don't have a lot of cash lying about... my last upgrade was so long ago I can't remember :().

Ultimately though eBuyer don't have to honour it - it's their shop at the end of the day. What I'm going to try and do is wait until 'regular' stock of the board are in and phone up and hope for a.. less than informed customer assistant who sees they are the same item and transfers me one over. Whether this will happen, remains to be seen!

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Did the same to me on a Cooler Master Elite 330 with psu bundle offer, they had plenty is stock when I ordered it (50+) and I chose free delivery so I had to wait 6 days to be told they were out of stock and I wouldn't get one.

Worked out in my favour in the end as I got a better case, ex display for £20 from elsewhere and I was going to order myself a new psu anyway so my old one went into the new case.

Ebuyer have caught me out a few times with stock discrepancies, its their one let down in an otherwise great service.

6. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Thanks for the replies guys, but I've re-posted this again with a bit more info in the Hardware/Motherboards section, as I really do feel as if I've been sh*t on to put it bluntly.

Just have to move on though I guess.