1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Obsidian: Aliens RPG is cancelled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

I love Alien.
    I love RPG's.

This could have been done well, but as always FPS's are usually what rake the money in.

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I imagine it would have been a FPRPG along the lines of Deus Ex, which is a shame cos I love games like that.

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Damn shame, this could have been really quite something. Fingers crossed the others don't end up the same way.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

*cries*

God damn it. I was really looking forward to that as well :/

6. sear

sear Guest

This could have been great, but I don't blame them. Alien is a big brand, but not so big as so you can just slap any old genre on it and expect it to sell. The big-budget shooter gameplay is much safer and, to be honest, much flashier and has more potential for tension and horror. Obsidian are not exactly known for their technical excellence, and the Alien films are arguably successful because of technical excellence. They simply may not have been able to deliver the same kind of experience within the confines of an RPG (though to be fair, I would expect Obsidian to be able to, if anyone could).

7. darklord of chaos

darklord of chaos What's a Dremel?

maybe we can build a campfire sing a couple of songs? how about that!

on a more serious note it is rather bad but mind you no-one has yet to do a good aliens franchise game which is a load of rubbish as the whole aliens has plenty of potental.

ttfn

Darklord

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

god digit sounds like alot of fun.. I can already see myself camping a spot and roid raging a carebear into retirement

Tags: Add Tags