1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows OrCAD Capture for Vista 64

Discussion in 'Software' started by shaile, 19 Feb 2009.

1. shaile

shaile Go BIG or GO HOME

I just recently built a new i7 system and am in the process of getting all the software I need on the system. I installed 6 GB of RAM, so Vista 64 bit was the obvious choice. I previously used Cadence OrCAD Capture to do circuit simulations and was planning on using the same software going forward.

However, when I tried to install the version I have, 9.1 or 9.2, I can't remember now off the top of my head, it would not install. It seems as though is does not jive with 64 bit architecture.

I then tried to download and install the new 16.2 version of the software from the Cadence website, only to have that install fail. I believe this has more to do with the way Cadence makes you download and install the software as I have found many posts online of people using 16.2 on Vista 64.

I have since requested a DVD copy of the software to be sent to me to see if it will install that way.

In the meantime, does anyone have any experience with similar products that support Vista 64 bit? While OrCAD Capture 16.2 supposedly works on Vista 64, it is not "supported".

2. TheAbyssDragon

TheAbyssDragon Gafgarion

You may have to disable driver signing. A temporary method is to hold F8 during boot and selecting the allow unsigned drivers option.