1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Papo & Yo Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 30 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I would have bought this at release because it looks really excellent for an indy game but I'm just not playing any games lately although I finally got around to playing through the first stage of super meatboy last night & my mate was spot on about it being awesomely difficult lol. :D

I'll buy this as soon as I'm ready to be more of a gamer again. :D

3. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

4. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

5. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Average score according to metacritic is 74% (CPC awarded 97%), which I think is more towards the positive end of the review spectrum.

6. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

It's pretty clear they reviewed the console version, so the player has no control over framerate or visual fidelity, and presumably that version suffered more from bugs. What's more it's possible the control system of a console made the puzzles that bit more tedious than using a mouse and keyboard. I'll add a line acknowledging these differences.

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^ Played through the entire game in 1 sitting without any bugs other than bed centipedes, spiders carrying houses & moths carrying houses oh & a demonic friendly toy robot that helps you jump further & reach switches you can't, I played through it on a 360 pad. :D

Some excellent game world ideas nicely implemented in this game, loved the stacked houses with leaning them anywhere you want. :)

The story is a difficult theme done very well but it's also an enjoyable game with nice new ideas done equally well to the story, this is definitely 1 of the impressive ones for carrying serious story by minimal words with good game, it's a little big classic.

PS3 version on day 1 must have had plenty of technical bugs but I bet they got patched to not spoil the game, I don't like the way they knocked everything about the game other than story, unfair review by IGN but then again I never visit IGN. :p

8. enikmaster

enikmaster What's a Dremel?

It's a Summer Deal at Steam. 50% off. great game!

Tags: Add Tags