1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Parvum Systems Project Magnus - 19th April - i51 LAN

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 19 Sep 2013.

?

Which coolant for Magnus?

1. Clear : Clear

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Pastel White : Oil Black

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Translucent Red : Clear

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. kingpraun

kingpraun What's a Dremel?

Very nice speeds! Update soon?

2. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

I love these Parvum cases, I really want to mod one some day. I can't wait for the final photos of this project! Great work!

3. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Yep, now the raid card is installed and no leaks with clear liquid we can fill with the correct coolant.

Ah thank you sir. Its really good for us to see more systems starting to pop up on forums. Hope you mod one soon :D

4. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Hi guys! So to move forward we must wait for you all to vote. We know what we personally want and have previously mentioned but opinions are important to us!

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

With everything else being of the monochrome variety, black and white is the only choice for me. Clear fluid wouldn't pick up the lines of the tubing very well or show off the awesome custom res and red would look just wrong. If it had a few more touches of red, then maybe, but not in this build.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Yep I agree with The_Crapman, white and black all the way given the themes used so far. Red wouldn't really make sense and clear would mean the tubing would get lost. Plus by using black and white you could have an awesome yin yang-type effect in the milled reservoir. This is going to be sick.

7. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Heartily agreed! Black and white IS kinda the theme, after all.

8. OrangeClockwerk

Black and white all day.

9. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

It should be the colour of high grade crack.
    Because Racecar.

10. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Hi Crap ^.^, I agree for sure, the whole point was to monochrome the build, any parts like some on the mobo that did use red I tried to hide or tone down so black and white make total sense.
    Thanks for your vote.

Yeah even when drawing the bottom res the point was for one colour liquid to pass through another, almost an impossible effect. We will go with this :D

I must say I agree.... :clap:

[​IMG]

OK so its unanimous, between votes here, Facebook and other forums, we will go with black and white.

Sneaky update hopefully due tonight then!

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Loop filled teaser!

Sponsors/Support:
    [​IMG]

Hi all. Very happy at the Parvum HQ.

The beast that is Magnus is alive. All hardware working, huge raid speeds and almost fully bled of air! In fact all cutting is now 99% complete. We have a few tiny touches like a SLI bridge cover to make but otherwise its ready!

This comes with good timing, we wanted a good month clear to arrange final photos at the studio and shoot an awesome video. This month being until Insomnia i51 at the Ricoh Arena! Magnus will be on the Asus stall during the day running a Gsync Demo. But also with us in the gaming hall in the evening. Seats: JH-A16 - JH-A20 so please come check it out if you are there!

So onto the update. Before we show any coolant I'd like to introduce what I believe is the final sponsor on the build and with no better way to finish; than with Western Digital.

From the start if you have been following you will know there is a tidy Icydock just chilling in the rear of the system. This of course would never be complete with out some storage drives.

WD stepped up here big time to supply us with 3 x 2TB Black drives for Magnus. I must say they are just mad quality and fit the build undoubtedly!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So perhaps onto what you want to see.... giving you SOME, but not all. We are heading to the photo studio to shoot final photos before doing an on location final video of the system.

We just wanted to at least show you some awesome sneaky preview shots of the now its filled. The whole build was really based around the two tone, we wanted to have the black and white alternate and at times even pass through each other.

To finish the look we opted for colour changing RGB LEDs, but set to white light, the light they create is not exactly pure white but a mixture of colour that in this case, the frosted acrylic will disperse to give an almost pearlescent look. Much happier with this than solid white as it really gives the bottom chamber more depth.

I wont say any more and let you see some eye candy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you all enjoy :D Any questions please ask!

Any comments do say! Really want to get some response, feedback, compliments, questions so please GOGOGO :D

12. l3p

l3p www.^.nl

Totally in love :)

13. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Me will pop back in later! FYI: WIN!

14. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

The white needs to be more....solid?

Maybe some of his concentrate could be added for moar?

15. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Lads. You have outdone yourselves as per usual. Speaking of I series.

I will be sitting opposite this beast so don't be shy, say hi to me too!

If I pull my finger out I should have h2orange done in time.

16. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Well, that's a bit good isn't it.. haha, awesome.

Not long until LAN, as with all builds they look even better in the flesh so I'm doubly excited to see this. Bring some stock of the S2.0 or a cheeky ITX case.. cos I'll be the one throwing money at you.

Well done fellas, bring on the studio shots.

J.

17. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Being a Coventrarian I'm going to have to get me a ticket to come see this :)

Agree with B Neg on that. Looks a little like turps after the brushes have been in for a bit.

18. OrangeClockwerk

YES!! haha thats awesome, that 6TB block of HDD is awesome along with the liquid. This build has been kickass to follow!

19. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Absolutely love it but yeah maybe Mick can get help get a more solid white colour but that would be my only criticism as it’s otherwise a work of bloody art and can’t wait to see it :rock:

20. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thank you l3p!

WIN WIN! waiting for you to pop back in.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Re: the coolant, I actually opted to dilute it a little. I think I went with 70% premix with 30% clear coolant. I was actually looking to make it a little less solid to compliment the RGB white pearlescent. I may well consider adding more white concentrate after the feedback tho :)

We are very happy with it! Yeah super stoked with the timing on finishing this and LAN. Plenty of time to play around and tweak the raid settings and OC the system. We will bring beer? :)

Studio being booked at the moment, trying to squeeze us in!

Not to shabby hey! Nice 6TB of black, awesome storage... time to start filling!