1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other PC crashing in BC2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RedDethX, 13 Apr 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i also run Afterbuner and don't have this problem, but i only use it to change fan profile, nothing else.

however, if FRAPs is running, my game does crash.

RedDethX likes this.
  2. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

If you've reinstalled pb try bringing your gpu stuff back in one by one. Likelyhood is the conflict will be resolved now by the pb reinstall.

RedDethX likes this.
  3. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Yea I'm going to try enabling them one at a time and see what does it, but it looks like it's working fine for now, I was just pew pewing till my internet decided it didn't want me anymore. So thanks for the replies all and +rep. :D:thumb:

4. Acanuck

Acanuck What's a Dremel?

I've been having exactly the same issue with my system. Crash within 15-30 minutes of multiplayer only gameplay. No other game would make my computer crash. I tried everything at stock aswell with no success. I even tried increasing voltages at stock. Interestingly, it's also a different type of crash to what I'm used to seeing. The screen just freezes for about 5 seconds, followed by a restart with a Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error on startup. It's only with multiplayer too, which really made me wonder what was going on.

Thank you for everyone's input. One thing I've just noticed is that I've been running GPU-Z and FRAPS each time, to maybe see if something was weird was going on with GPU. Since PB has some issues with those programs in particular, I'll try first thing this evening to run with no other applications in the background.

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I run FRAPS all the time when gaming and it doesn't cause BC2 to crash even after a few hours. My guess would be to try closing the other programs first, as I don't have any other GPU polling software open while playing.

6. Acanuck

Acanuck What's a Dremel?

After finishing some tests I've come to the conclusion that is was indeed GPU-Z causing the crash issues. I also tried other programs I often have running such as: Overdrive, CCC, FRAPS & Steam. GPU-Z was the only one which caused issues.

Thanks again for the info, I really never would have thought GPU-Z was causing my computer to have a Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error.