1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Police to be trained on videogames

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 May 2008.

1. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

Police: "Dammit, i'm lagging"

2. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure I've seen footage of fireams officers being tested with a simulation, a bit like a video-wall version of an arcade shooter, only with video footage instead of rendered graphics, the idea being the officers have to decide when and who to shoot, to protect there own and others lives.

3. gunmens

gunmens What's a Dremel?

I think i would be worried when i see heavy weapon police and medical people running about shouting "activate charge" and speaking german

4. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

an expert???

doesnt fill me with confidence .... pretty rare to die from a single shot instantly, countless cases where multiple shots required to incapasitate

5. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

It is quite a rarity though. Regardless of whether a shot is a killshot, or even takes out a limb - getting shot is excruciatingly painful. Unless you've had some form of combat experience or even proper training, pushing through that pain is incredibly hard.

Anyway - gaming could at least make police actions a lot more exciting in the media...

"The metropolitan police are the subject of a new inquest today, into the allegations of spawn-camping around a known criminal hideout"

6. Mr_Sinister

Mr_Sinister Not Evil, just Bad

police shoots a man then runs up to him stands over him and shouts "you have the rite to remain OWNED"

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ah where's the fun in that?

Tags: Add Tags