1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

I think this should have been done in the 1000 series because the 2000 seems too big in my oppinion

2. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Today I started with the work on the front bezels, the place for the second reservoir. I wanted to use the original bezels from the Lian Li.

[​IMG]

To keep the 3 plates together after cutting the hole for the reservoir I had to attach these bezels to each other. For this I use an aluminium strip.

[​IMG]

The strips are on the left and right side of the bezels.

Mosha, I will need all the space the 2000 serie has to offer, to be able to place everything I want. There won't be much space left when the case is finished.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  3. koegsmk

koegsmk What's a Dremel?

Hm, it looks like two of the front bezels would be enough for your reservoir.

4. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

The frontplate from the reservoir is 10 cm and the height of 2 bezels is 8,5 cm. That's 1,5 cm short.

5. koegsmk

koegsmk What's a Dremel?

Hm, ok. :)

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Nah.... the 1000's are too small if you ask me. At least if you're setting up a stupid amount of watercooling like a lot of people are.

I really like that PSU work although the where the wires come out the back seems really visible to me through that window.

7. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

The second reservoir is ready to be placed. I get the M4 bolts tomorrow, so it is not completely finished. It stays in place because the hole for the reservoir is so precise that it keeps it in place.

[​IMG]

and the front.

[​IMG]

8. nissmo300

nissmo300 What's a Dremel?

looking really good.... keep up the good work... can't wait to see it finished :thumb:

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

/me is kinda late. o_O
    Doesn't matter... Subscribed !

That rig definitely rocks. :rock:

10. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

in my appnion i dont like the res stuck in the front 5 1/4" bays, i think it looks like some sort of boat.. prefer it in the top

other than that looks really nice :)

11. [- pio -]

[- pio -] Minimodder

I think you should use a single sheet of brushed alu instead of the three orig faceplates. That would make the res stand out more and look more proffessional. That said, this is great work! Hope you keep it this simple and stylish all the way. Great work!! :thumb:

subscribed

12. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

Otherwise, this hole mod is looking great, but I dont like this thing...
    1:The "holes" I mean the Cd-drive things... Its hard to explain... ---> the solution
    2: The cement, that you put there, and a littlebit of a sandpaper, and paint... It´s now maybe too late.. ...

13. Dean_j2001

i just have to echo again that the reservoir in my appnion looks 100% out of place. apart from the fact it pertrudes outwards the face plate doesnt fit in and imo is a eye sore. mayB removing the faceplate and just bolting the reservoir would be a better idea. Also as somebody sudgested above you could mayB bondo between the 3, five and a quater inch bay covers so that there isnt a gap at the front. but then i dont see how you would give a brushed alluminium feel back to the case

14. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Franklin: Mmmm...gotta agree with some comments about the reservoir in the front...doesn't really blend in......maybe some suggestion....

Why not recess the 3 bezel plates like Modsquad did, then get a piece of 2-3mm thick aluminium, and cut it excactly to size....same as the 3 bezels. Align everything so the new plate is level with the topmost and last 3 bezels, eg 2X cd and Aquaero bays.

Diss the original reservoir mounting plate, and mount the reservoir to the new single front plate, with 6 little holes holding the reservoir, as well as the front plate to the rear bezels......

Does it make sense? Extra work, but the result would be more flowing....

Br,
    MrBean.

15. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

Everything makes sense! That sounds like a good idea... :thumb:

16. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I will listen to all the comments and place it in another way. Later more.

For now I can show you the hddtray that is almost finished. I will have to attach the UV acryl glas, but I need a tool to do that that I don't own. Is a job for the weekend.

[​IMG]

17. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

This is what I mean...
    1. The "holes"
    2. You use bondo, and a littlebit of sandpaper, and paint it...
    3. Is the "bondo" before painting, and sanding
    [​IMG]

18. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

This is only visible on a photo taken with the flash light. But as I said in the comment before, I will install the res in a totally other way. These comments make me think and reconsider what I'm doing. I'm glad with all your comments guys. So forget how the res looks now, because I will change it. I will need more aluminium to do it.

19. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Ah, sounds good then. Good luck with the refitting of the res :) I luv your hd tray, looking better and better.

Keep up the good work!

MrBean.

20. Dean_j2001

This project keeps getting better and better

and i'd just like to say i'm very glad franklin that you took the constructive criticism onboard very well in my appnion and it's nice to see people willing to respect each others appnion's.

good luck with the rest of the project :D and don't worry ill be keeping my eye on it :D :rock: