1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Anima Mundi

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by endscape, 6 Mar 2007.

1. endscape

endscape Minimodder

I think I'm only going to paint the two pieces that hang the drives together, but I haven't really decided, I sort of like the whole clear deal.

2. Noobkiller

Noobkiller What's a Dremel?

sweeet!

I like how you sollved the I/O port situtation

3. endscape

endscape Minimodder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Plan b it looks like it will give more support to the panel and it will hide the fans from that angle.

5. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

bb also looks much better. i like this, keep going.

6. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Looks like B is the popular choice.

7. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Yup by 2 votes :D

8. endscape

endscape Minimodder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A little foot work. For whatever reason this plexi just does NOT like to be flame polished. I think I'm going to have to break it apart and do it piece by piece to get some sort of a decent finish.

Next thing I have to do is decide on a color scheme so I can start painting and lighting this thing. Should I go with black paint and white lighting like I planed with Oracle? Or maybe red paint with some red high lighting and white main lights? Some shade of gray for paint? Thoughts? Suggest paint color, pinstripe color, main lighting color, and highlighting color please.

9. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Well on the feet why don't you use a dremel finishiong abrasive buffs they work just as well to start the polsih THEN finish with the flame or just see Stuv's worklog.

For the color maybe a black dye or so and then instead of using pinstripers use some masking tape and so to block of your pinstripe design and then use some bloody red acryl dye thats still somewhat see through. For the main color... IDK maybe red with some purple highlights?

10. endscape

endscape Minimodder

I like the dye idea, I'll look into that.

RE: polishing, for whatever reason this plexi burns and bubbles extremely fast. Like, one pass with the torch as opposed to the five or six I was getting with the other acrylic. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet, but I don't think its all that critical that I glass the feet, being as 99% of the time they'll be hidden and glowing like a friggin' Christmas tree.

11. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Glad I could help

12. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Looks sweet! Love the thick acrylic plates :)

Btw! How do you make those cool SketchUp computer-parts? Do you handmake em, or do you have a plug-in pack with it?

13. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Go check out the sticky in the mod guide section, Jazzle's site has piles of pre made components.

14. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Small update. Sorry about the pictures, my camera is at my new shop. Just worked on the feet a bit more, trying to get them to polish up better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now for something a little different...

[​IMG]

Now do you notice the water between me and the lights? Nice night out on the water, right? Well considering I'm sitting on the top of a pickup, not so much. That pickup happens to be an F 350 with an 8 inch lift running on 40 inch tires, and there was enough water to pick us right up. Ended up drifting about 300 feet before we stopped moving. And yes, we got rescued by a man in a boat. So that was my Monday, how was yours?

There will probably be one more update before I have to take a break for a while. I'm moving into a new 3000 square foot shop, so that's going to take up the majority of my time for the next few weeks. :bday: Any modders in the Bellingham, Washington area that need a place to work should get a hold of me, we can work something out.

15. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

So wait.. the truck just floated out to sea..? I wouldn't think the tires would provide enough buoyancy to lift an F350. Damn.

Have fun with your new shop, that's a nice bit of space to work with. I might be at Washington State University for a couple months this summer but unfortunately that's about 2 hours away.

16. endscape

endscape Minimodder

There was a rather large flooded area that someone got stranded in, and we thought that we had enough weight and size to make it out to them. Turns out we were wrong. Apparently the water was moving fast enough that it just picked us up and washed us out into the middle of it (the whole thing was probably 800 feet wide). We probably could have swam out, but it was pitch black and freezing. My partner in crime's father happened to have a dingy near by, so he went and got that and came and got everyone. Meet a couple really nice young women, you really get to know someone when you're stuck on top of a pick up for 3 hours heh.

We ended up pulling everyone out yesterday, in a dump truck :rock: There wasn't a chance in hell that SOB was floating anywhere haha.

17. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Anyone see the mistake I made?

[​IMG]

LIGHT!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I'm thinking that I might frost the edges of the feet (yes, after I put in all those hours flame polishing them) to diffuse the light and spread it out a bit.

Thoughts?

18. endscape

endscape Minimodder

[​IMG]

Fixed the backwards PSU issue, as well as added an additional expansion slot and made a couple other minor adjustments.

E

19. KlavKalashj

KlavKalashj What's a Dremel?

I really like this! Subscribed!

20. endscape

endscape Minimodder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to nOObtard for the radiators!

Updates incoming.