1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Project Cars 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Sep 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Couldn't agree more about the controls, OK, I accept playing with a gamepad is a 2nd rate experience to a steering wheel, but in the first game I could actually have enjoyable races with my 360 joypad, with a bit of tweaking in the deadzone dept.

But PC2 was now unplayable for me with the exact same settings transferred over and no matter how much I tweaked the sliders, the racing just felt horrible.

Also, to my eyes, this game has had a pretty significant downgrade in the visuals department with inferior lighting & wet weather effects, probably done to fix the huge frame rate drops in PC 1 that would result when set to 'ultra' in the options.

..It turned out to be a Steam refund for me, I'll stick to the first game thank you very much.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Fault a game all you want, but keep your chocolate eclair criticisms to yourself, good sir!

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sorry, but PCars2 with a joypad? Secondary at best to the usual input method.

No mention of having tried it with a wheel, no mention of beyond-grip physics improvements etc etc. Bit of a weak review effort.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, at least play it with a wheel... I can accept that you have criticisms of how it controls with a pad, and it's a shame if they've degraded the gamepad experience in the new version, but PCars is definitely one of those games that lends itself to a proper control method, i.e. a wheel. It would have been nice to hear whether the control issues present with a gamepad also carry over to a wheel, at the very least.

Tags: Add Tags