1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:Frogmonster's Bluegear Laptop Mod - What is that noise?

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Frogmonster, 15 Oct 2006.

1. Frogmonster

Frogmonster What's a Dremel?

Thanx. I did remive the transformers and soak the coils in epoxy. I'll try it out tomorow and see if thay (gulp) overheat and burn out.

2. 2shae

2shae What's a Dremel?

how did you get the frog onto the plexi?

3. Frogmonster

Wow! Been a while since i've posted. The epoxy worked great. Really quieted down the transformers.

I masked off the part that i still wanted to be like a mirror and sandblasted the back side where i wanted the image to show up. worked out pretty good.

4. Frogmonster

On to the new mod

Wow! been a while. K. I just got myself the acer aspire one. I love this thing. Its quick enough and very moddable. Huge props to tnkgrl for the ideas and info. Her mod is at http://tnkgrl.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/modding-the-acer-aspire-one-bluetooth/

My model is the windows version with the hard drive. I'm gona upgrade the ram, add bluetooth, doing a touchscreen mod, and debating on the 3g mod. Maybe even the gps mod. And of course, a custom case. Cant leave it stock now can i?

ModMinded likes this.
  5. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Sounds nice. Can't wait to see what you do to it!

6. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Nice resurrection! This was looking promising, and I'm sure you'll do the newer and better hardware even better than last seen.
    How will you make the case custom? I liked the mirrored plex LCD top panel & logo. Throw a few LEDs circuits in to pulse/change the light color! Please?! Curious also about the touchscreen.
    Thanks for the link to tnkgrls site.

7. Frogmonster

Well, this one is done. I actually gave the laptop away to a friend. So onto the next. Heres the link to my new project.
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=164495

Just want to say thanx to everyone for all the ideas and help on this last project.

Frogmonster

8. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

No finished pics?

(Did you really finish it?)

9. Frogmonster

Nothing is really finished in the world of modding. :)
    The screen and lights do work. Kinda lost interest. New laptop and building myself a chopper.
    Thanxs for all the interest though.

10. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

One way you could get rid of that "squeeling" that the EL wire puts out is to just use sideglow fiberoptic instead, a thick strand should produce a similar glow if lit from both ends.