1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Iced Blood - Mayhems/Primochill Sponsored - COMPLETE 15/02/16

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by stealth80, 5 Feb 2015.

1. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

I can't wait to see the final photos :thumb:

2. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

should be re-starting this build in a few weeks and all the parts are ordered so i guess i will be complete by the end of the month, just in time for the final fantasy expansion and The Witcher 3!

3. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Are you going for acrylic :)

4. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Haha no it looks nice but I've spent far too much on compression fittings now and I'm sure they aren't compatible, if I had to buy more I think the wife would string me up!

5. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Haha she doesn't have to know :)

6. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

She would notice without a doubt lol hopefully she will upload some photos of the gpu block soon and I can carry on with the log

7. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Well I'm finally home and got everything installed and after a minor angry moment with EK everything seems to be working.
    After 3 months away the original pastel red had turned to a murky red, not sure what happened here but I had to carry out another flush of the CPU loop and refill it.
    I've also installed the waterblock and backplate from EK for my 970GTX and on the first boot I seen a small flash and smell of burning. I narrowed it down to the GPU and it seems that the instructions are garbage ..... an area of the back plate touched onto some part of the PCB and caused a short. However it seems that a god must love me as I removed the backplate tried to boot again and everything worked. Just ran a few 3D benchies and everything seems stable, im counting my lucky stars today, but still incredibly pissed at EK...

Just leak checking now and I will post some pics up tomorrow.

8. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Hooray! Can't wait to see it finished, and glad to hear you didn't suffer more damage from your accident :thumb:

9. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

leak checks finished and after 2 hours of prime95 (26.6) it aint gone above 56C on any core. From what I understand CPU temp is usually lower then the core temps so im pretty happy with this. Sits at max core 29C under idle. Will get photos up tomorrow, got a few more bits to do including a larger extender for the Mobo chipset block, which will require a drain and fill of the CPU loop. Also need to fit cable combs to the PCIE cables

10. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Glad you don't have any damages to the GPU!Did you overclocked the cpu?

11. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Just trying now to see how it goes, downloading the Realbench suite from Asus

12. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Well it's almost there, still need to drain the cpu loop and change the extender on the chipset block. Also considering some Hyper X Fury ram sticks to add a little more white to the motherboard area.

[​IMG]

Water block now fitted, just annoying that you can't actually see the good work the EK guys did

[​IMG]

A little look around the far side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Jun 2015
  13. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Awesome :thumb:

14. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

had the gpu at 1500/7200 last night and gpu temp hit 34C at the highest under load, maybe some head room here

15. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

The coolant lost it's colour pretty quick for some reason, so carried out a full drain and flush using Mayhems Blitz Cleaning Kit and then topped up using some fresh Red Pastel. Just waiting on my new memory to arrive now :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Well the memory arrived and its now fitted so i guess that this is now complete, it's taken a lot longer than i wanted it to, but then working away for 3 months probably didn't help! :roll eyes:

Here's the ram all fitted:

[​IMG]

Thanks again to Mick at Mayhems for providing the 360mm Havoc Radiators, all the coolants and the Blitz Pro Kit :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading :thumb:

Last edited: 6 Aug 2015
  17. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Excellent job mate :thumb:

18. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

PSU Died last week, the only thing I haven't replaced within the last 12 months .....

But it gave me an excuse to fit a Fractal Design R3 Newton 1000w White Edition (duh)

[​IMG]

Leaves me some room for another 970gtx having just tried Witcher 3 on my 4k TV.... it didn't go well!

Also got some more cable extensions ordered with Sharkmods

Last edited: 6 Aug 2015
  19. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Sorry to hear about your PSU, but as you said. Always a nice excuse to buy something bigger :naughty: My 750w XFX recently died on me as well, with the refund I got I ended up buying myself an eVGA Supernova, despite it's pretty much overkill for me :D

20. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

1000w is always better than 600w :rock: