1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: IFO [TFT's in]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by M_D_K, 25 Aug 2005.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

This is where its @ at present.
    The CUBE

The Screen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Off with the stand :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, off with the back
    [​IMG]

:O, cover your eyes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lets see whats under that little cover.
    [​IMG]

Ooops def TFT
    [​IMG]

what too do with this :S keep it on the back or remove it.
    [​IMG]

Test fit
    [​IMG]

I just need too make a few brackets and a little shroud and drill some holes wire it up etc... so got a bit too do yet.

Comments welcome

Morgan.

Last edited: 29 Aug 2005
  2. giorgioprimo

giorgioprimo What's a Dremel?

do you have enough room between the monitor and the vga card? (just to let you close the side-panel....

3. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Going on the right hand side, will look into a more compact TFT for the other side :).

morgan.

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Trip too the work shop later today too get the mounting sorted gotta get some machine time so i can make up a few Z brakets for the top and bottom.

Code:
    ___
        |___
    ^^^^ should do the trick

morgan.

5. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

neat so far

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Screen in did it just before the lan on friday

me and my dad nocked up 2 brackets taht used the original pop rivets from the window too attach the TFT too the center of the door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is neatening the insides, also got too get the bracket painted or anodised black so that it mached and a front plate too hide the brackets and house the buttons because at the moment i can't make it lighter or darker or switch it onw ithout taking the back off.

more too come from the cube let me know what you think and all images clickable :).

Thanks
    Morgan.

7. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

Pretty good. that cube is the sex :D

8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Plans

well got a few ideas wanna nock them about

base
    Wanna add some sort of wheel too the unit.
    Casters
    go kart
    other..

Sides
    Clean up the TFT and possible add a 2nd too the other side
    Chrome the top and 2 sides and re-powder coat the cube chassi and racks
    Sleek up the front cover the 2 HDDs and try and stealth the DVD drive
    Front may need some grills but not entirely sure[comments]
    also replace all screws with polished 3mm hex heads

what you guys think needs too be done

morgan.

9. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

pretty cool, man. maybe consider masking the screen more so that black completely surrounds it. i also think you definately need to run samurize or something like it

http://www.samurize.com

this is the config i put together with bits and pieces i found in the download section of their website and editing of things other people put together. i found it very easy to do and am very happy with it.
    http://agent.youngprer.com/other/desk.PNG

also, you must check out what Nexxo did with his 3.5" [i assume] LCD
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=1026901&postcount=1083
    it's really not a ton of work to make something that pretty.

check it out

10. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

seen nexxo's was thinking ofr that but im not really interested in my temps or cpu usage anymore, if it doesn't crash im good ttoo go :) im mainly running movies and winamp on the screen as its a tft doing 1024x768 it can do more then a 3.5" PS one screen.

I may consider the flow meter though looks like a good plan.

[​IMG]

Thats a small hint too what might happen next

Morgan.

11. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

ive put something like this into my own mod which will be finished in a couple of weeks time ...There is a pic below i put two 17" tft's into a MOUNTAINMOD U2-UFO case plus the 6" LCD TV.."As you may noticed this pic was just befor i put the second tft on so i impossed it on ,when i get home from work i post the really pic which is just the same"..but ive placed hinges on them so that they open out to face you and when its finished there will be a thrid tft "sitting on the top of the case but then sliding down on rails so that all three are in line ,so that i can span my desktop across them ..
    Anyhow eoungh about me ..lol..what i wanted to say to you is that these TFT's give out ALOT!!! of heat so make sure you allow for this ,as your case temps will go through the roof if you dont box it in plexy with an out-flow fan above it or to the side of it ...so be carefull ...it will look great when you finish it best of look with this mod ..im hooked already
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Aug 2005
  12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

the whole case is watercooled and the temps havn't changed much got a fan int he fornt and the back that draws air across the back of the screen which has not over on it so that the PSU and control board are cooled down.

your case looks nice it hought about peano hinges they should work well but i dunno if i want the screens as my main as im planning on either 2 20s or a 24" dell so woudlnt' work well just there for pure show and movies etc..

I like the grills on the front of your case

morgan.

13. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

I watched your case since birth when scampi had it ...its a class mod i loved the plexy shelf that ran from the 5" drive bay across to the rear top of the case nice work ...
    ive got rid of the harddrive bay completly it gives much more space and better air flow of the harddrives are not blocking the air going out of the case ...
    i have the harddrives flush with the back of the mobo tray sitting in a cut of plexy .its a bit hard to put into words but it works and looks well ...

i got to hand it to you its one sweet rig you got there ...best of luck with the modding