1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: NLM. FINISHED 11.08.07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jegerjon, 6 Feb 2007.

1. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Actully I think the squared corners look good with the overall design. Also, the plexi color looks great, but it is a shame it doesn't show off those cool waterblocks.

I'll divide the mods in here into two catagories. 1) Modded computers and 2) works of art that happen to have computers inside. OK, and 3) Junk heaps with a computer insode (that catagory would have one entry - mine).

Of all the modded computers in here, yours is my favorite.

2. elbarto241

elbarto241 What's a Dremel?

wow. those homemade blocks look really nice at the very least. I

Any progress on those case feet?! u have me on the edge of my seat from what ive seen from the cae itself...

3. Mod_God

Mod_God What's a Dremel?

How come you didn't mill fins into your water blocks? that might cut some performance off in the end. but over all very nice job.

4. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

dacust @ Thank you dude. :) I like your mod to, and i really don't think it's "junk" - many projects are a lot worse, and hey you're finishing it ;) And I'm VERY pleased to hear about your opinion :) Yeah, it's pretty sad that the block wont be easy to see, but when I take off the sidepanel (at lans etc.) people will look very interesting.

elbarto241 @ Nope no progress on the feets, I've only been thinking, and I know how to do them :) And I'm sorry, you got to wait 2 weeks until I've been in London.

Mod_God @ I thing it's good if the blocks aren't transporting to much heat. There's a lot of stuff to cool down, and only a 240mm radiator. btw. the first thing on the loop will be the fridge :hehe: cause I need cold cokes :hip:

5. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

You know, most tests on cooling systems show that the water temperature differential from going through a coupla blocks is only about 2 degrees. But the differential of the peltier in the cooler would be more than that. I'd consider putting the fridge last, you probably won't notice any difference in performance, but it might make a big difference to the CPU...

I'm not talking from experience here, just from all the theory I've heard. Maybe there's some other people in here with peltier experience that can talk to this.

6. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Great Project!

Flott Prosjekt!!!

7. ZenX

ZenX How are you gentlemen?

You know, it would look really nice if you would flame polish the edges of the waterblocks. Though it's just my 0.02$

8. jegerjon

zenX @ hey I've thought about doing that, but eh i skipped it. 1) It won't be visible. 2) I'm scared to **** it up. 3) I'm using a mill so the edges are still really nice.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some more work done this weekend.

Btw, before I left for London, I was taking part in a Danish modding competition. Guess what, I didn't win. Rofl. I think my mod was just a little bit better :) but, eh It wasn't me but acryan that was the ref ;)
    This was the winner mod:
    [​IMG]

9. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Awh Westh won. That sucks. Good for him but i REALLY liked your project better.

BTW. i think a saw a project in here not long ago, with the exact same idea? Was that him :S?

10. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

No offence to the guy that made the winning mod - but it looks like a pile of....

You should easily have come ahead of him.

Looks great man, I'm afraid I've nicked some ideas from you for my plans :p

CC

11. Bas van der Werff

Bas van der Werff What's a Dremel?

Yours indeed looks better :D
    I have a question about the brushed look you did.
    You said you sanded it with 120 grid i also used that but the brushed look disapeared after the first (very thin) coat of paint, also tried it with 60grid but the same result.
    How did you get the brushing (is that a word?) to be seen through the paint?

Could you PM me about it or leave it as a comment on my project log?

12. forester joe

forester joe shhh. can you hear your PC?

no meaning to dis respect your mod. I liked it lot. the refrigirator chamber, as well as the covered plex-alu combo was beatiful. and your execution was great.

<off Topic> any links to that modding contest? and any info on that winner mod? looks interesting.

13. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

14. jegerjon

Casey_cole @ lol :D I bet they picked that case cause it was a custom ;)

Bad van der werff @ Dunno why yours don’t work, I’m sanding it with grit 120, and then adding 3-4 layers. What kind of paint do you use? Black gross like me? If so I really don’t know why you have those problems.

I’m sorry for the lack of updates, but I’ve been busy with other things. Today I got some time, and glued all the waterblock. Hopefully I’ll be able to give you a update this week.

15. Mr. Oizo

Mr. Oizo That yellow furry animal-thingy

I love this casemod. I really love the color combination, Black with Orange. My next mod will contain these colors too :cooldude: I really like the NLM logo's and especially the brushed look! :thumb: Good Job! :)

16. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

This is seriously great! I love the black on orange. :thumb:

I dont know if i missed it somewhere, but arent you putting in a dvd drive or something? Or are you planning on using external optical drives?

17. jegerjon

Mr.Oizo @ Thank you dude :)

Dean MF @ Thank you. There'll be no optical drives IN the case, but I've been thinking a little about some external drives.

---

If you guys are lucky I'll bring you something like the smallest update ever on Friday :hehe: Life’s a bitch :( school, work, frinds etc. just takes to much time.

18. Teyber

Teyber ******

thats so sick! one question: where do the cd roms go?

and it would have been super sick if the psu fit all the way in, but still its awsome

beer cooler is sick

19. jegerjon

Teyber @ Thank you :p There'll be no cd or dvd drive, like i said in my last reply, no optical drives.
    That's one of the things that i need to do, shorting down the distance piece (from 50 to 20mm) and paint the psu black :)

20. jegerjon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see on the images. It's not quete perfect with the PSU, I need to short down the distances :)

Tags: