1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project | NOVO mini | Update 2015-12-16 | 100% FINISHED

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Ygd3n, 12 Sep 2014.

1. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Mistakes are the best ways to learn. Looks great sir, can't wait to see the finished product!

2. SiberianGhost

SiberianGhost What's a Dremel?

Another guy that want to see finished.

That case have a really high quality job!

Sent from a parallel universe

3. Throbin Hood

Throbin Hood What's a Dremel?

Well done! This is simply stunning so far!

4. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

The cooling performence is actually pretty impressive. My Gtx 970 reached about 67c under load. So the airflow seams okey. But will see when the sidepanel window is mounted if the tempetures rises or not. And the fan in the back will be mounted.

5. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

Absolutly. Thak you so much. It's pretty close to finished.

Thank you! And finish I will!

It's hard to tell how the case looks when It's empty, so when I tucked in all the components you really see how good it looks. To bad I don't have a better camera. Cause irl it looks much better.

Thank you so much

6. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

The idea with my case and the psu is to make it ATX psu compatible, which it somehow is.. Small ATX psu's.. Only have to do some minor modifications. But there are already good SFX psu's out on the market. So I'll go with that.

7. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

Guys! The project is NOT DEAD!! :D

Hey guys. Im really sorry for this long break. For those who followed this project. But now I'm back.

Ready to get my hands dirty!

So!.. I got some PC (polycarbonate).. Some kind of strong "plexi", that's is used often in the industry. I cut it, drilled it and screwed it into place. I will remove the coverplastic when I do the final mounting of the computer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/ ygd3n

8. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

TEAR DOWN TIME!!

Hello again. Double update.

Today the paint arrived. So I teared down the case and will start prepare it for paint tomorrow or on thursday!

[​IMG]

So I will sand all the pieces, clean them, and later on coat them with primer, wet sand them and go for some paint on that.

I think It will look good when the paint comes on! :)

"And I can't even belive how much cut/drill hours I spent on this.. holy sh*t.. from just some sheets of aluminium to this.. insane"

9. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Nice update. Excited to see the paint applied.

10. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

Quite bigger update!

Hello! Spent the long weekend trying to put some paint on the case details.

Has a brother who is very kind and offered me help with the most difficult (boring stuff). Sanding and polishing all the details.

After that we cleaned all the details with red alcohol and then I was of to ground coat it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Done!

[​IMG]

Cover paint!

[​IMG]

The downside of having a father who is a farmer. Much hay and other "non-fun" particles floating around inside the garage .. (But I was able just to wipe it of with a fine piece of cloth".

Mounting

After painting (that has lasted since last Thursday), I took hold of the assembly today of all the parts. I did finish it, but darkness fell unfortunately over Northen Sweden.

And I was unable to get any good shots with my worthless camera. So.. I'll have to wait until tommorow to take some final pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this has been a pleasent update and new will arrive tomorrow !.

Have a nice night. / ygd3n

11. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

Check last post

Last edited: 17 Jun 2015
  12. Nutman

Well, for what it is, it's very cool!

13. Ocelot

Ocelot Minimodder

Congrats on completing the case! The paint job looks a little rough around the edges, but it seems like a really solid and functional case. I like the neat wiring and the dust filters. Not too many people seem to think of those.

One thing I'm not so sure about is that clamp for the GPU bracket. Couldn't you drill a hole in the flange with a long drill and then use a screw and nut to secure the GPU?

14. Vinch

Vinch What's a Dremel?

Nice work! Looks really great! I just find that the look of the GPU doesn't really suits the rest. Do you have good temps on the CPU?

15. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

Thank you!

Yeah. It was just a plain mistake. I forgot to drill and tap it before i bent it. But.. Maybe I could do that. If I find a drill long enough. Thanks for the tip!

16. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I have heard more say that. And I know what you guys mean. Maybe a titan X would fit nicer ? :D

The thing is. I will watercool it in the future. So the gpu will not longer stand out.

17. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

I love the design. The last shots look a bit rough on the paint, as was said, but I think this would look awesome with a proper paint / powdercoating job. Would love to see some radiators crammed into this little thing. :)

18. Ygd3n

Ygd3n What's a Dremel?

After getting much criticism for my bad and boring pictures. (In another forum) I borrowed my brother's DSLR camera, snapped a few pictures and here they are.

Just to point out. I DON'T photograph much. I know basics. But I'm not good at setting up a good scene, get perfect lightning etc. But I hope this pictures are much more fair. Because the case almost looked ugly in the pictures before.. And this will show how it actually looks like!

Feel free to come up with more tip on improving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to get rid of the dust, microfiber towels, fine cloth, you name it. I don't see the dust, but the camera does. So sorry about that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for watching!

19. Nutman

People stopped commentating on threads here at Bittech?

Seriously, what's happened since I was "gone" for 1 year or so?

Nice project, and your pics ain't too bad!

20. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

really nice build, can you get the power to the GPU straight down and back, i think that would look a lot cleaner, otherwise a really neat handiwork! :)
    and also nice to see antother swede on the forums :)

@nutman i did think the same... hae also been gone for about a year, it does suck, i guess they think it's to much of an effort :/