1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Superman - Case (29.07.07) 99% Done !

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dj Ovin, 22 Apr 2007.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

the top of the case looks really good

2. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Thanks The_Beast!

3. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Which one of these suggestions do you like the best? It will be made in plexi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or like the original

[​IMG]

4. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

I say the original one.

5. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

So did the folks at diskusjon.no to, so i guess it will be that one :)

In going out again and finish it, will be back with an update tonight!

6. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Plexi Modding

Update - 01.07.07

Two failed projects today. Made a PSU Bracket out of 3mm plexi. For the first, it broke one place and second, I dit not like it that much. The other thing I did was to make a new plexi bit to the front buttons so it covered the holes for the LED's. It did not turn out very vell either. Anyways, pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Well, it doesn't look too bad, but I decided not to go for it.

Now I don't think I have anything else to do before the hardware arrives.

Comment and discuss below.

Regards,
    Øyvind

[​IMG]

7. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

I agree - it does look great! Well done!

8. MoRBiD

MoRBiD Minimodder

Looks great man. keep up te good work man ... nows bout a rundown on some if the hardware ya puttin in it?

9. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

I was up late tonight so i slept over. Was doing some modding today (sanding the bracket) but we'll se, have to go to work and deliver something.

the hardware can you see here (http://prisguide.hardware.no/calc_waggon.php?waggon_id=38465) if thats what you ment? I dont know when it will come, asked my girlfriend about that yesterday, and she said maybe this week..

10. Tale Gunner

Tale Gunner What's a Dremel?

I like that LCD screen you have on your puter. Where did you get it? Great Job!

11. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

From www.microplex.no. It's a norwegian webshop, but i bet you can get it somewhere else, a Lian Li product.

Thank you :)

Last edited: 11 Jul 2007
  12. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Hi again.

Its been a while now , since last time we have ordered the hardware :D Just waiting for that damn graphic card to come! The rest of the order is ready, only the 8800GTS.. The G5 mouse arrived the 10th, so!

I have worked from 9am to 11pm for the last few days now, to jobs, can be hard :p But today is the last day with that, so after today i will maybe get a chance to do something on this project :) I will give the PSU bracket a new try, and maybe also the plexi bit in front (4th or 5th time now :p ).

My guess on arrival of the hardware will be someday in next week, the 8800GTS is expected at the shop the 13 of July.

Later.

Øyvind

13. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

I will redo the plexi modding i did for some time ago, expect an update a little later.

14. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Plexi Modding Part 2

Update - 13.07.07

Redid the PSU Bracket and have started on the plexi bit for the front. The bracket got much better now :) Have a look for yourself!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sneak Preview, little dizzy but will take some more shots of it when i get home sunday ;)

The graphic card has still not come yet, so were just waiting for that to come! The next thing will be the plexi bit for the front!

Regards,
    Øyvind

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Jul 2007
  15. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Did some stuff today, pics to come later this week! The hardware has also been sendt from the webshop now, btw :D Cant wait!

Can give you a summary of what i did today:

Made myself a mess
    Made some more mess
    Did some holes in the mb-tray(plate)
    planned some datacable managment
    thought ALOT!

16. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Cant wait to see some more pics and the final product. Overall, a great job done Dj Ovin!

17. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Thank you Dean! Me neither cant wait! Want it for myself (say that it all exploded and hide it under my bed :naughty: )!

I can show you a pic for some of the days "work".. Hold on

There you go!

[​IMG]

:lol:

18. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

LOL! Thanx a lot!

19. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Glad you liked it :p Its not the way it looks like on that pic.

No photos today either, am tired, been sleeving all evenig! Todays "did"-list:

-Sleeved all the cables for the Lian Li LCD_Display
    -Sleeved all the fans
    -Installed the LCD_Display
    -Installed two of the fans with vibration dampers
    -"Installed" the UV Catodes to see how it will look like
    -Took some shots of the case in the dark!

You have quite much too looking forward to guys, i will upload the pics by friday, then the case will probarbly be done! Am leaving friday too, so hope the hardware will arrive on thursday! :p If not you will have to wait a whole week!

Regards,
    Øyvind

20. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Cable Management etc.!

Update - 18.07.07

Some shots from day before yesterday, got them uploaded last night :)

[​IMG]
    As you can see, I have moved the hdd-rack about 1cm from the fan, this to get more space for cables on the inside. Less mess ;)

[​IMG]
    Enough, you think? I will organize it so it wount be resistance with the flow.

[​IMG]
    Here are the old holes

[​IMG]
    Well, i was so creative that i printed out the Mobo to know the exact position of the contacts and stuff. much planning gives the best result! Had to mark up to avoid scratches

[​IMG]
    When that was done, i started to mark up some tiny holes for cables

[​IMG]
    Hole for the P4-contact, some 3-pin and the temp.sensors for CPu and Chipset. Not sure how i will organize them, but we'll see!

[​IMG]
    Sone shine fron them PCI-Brackets :) Im not going to polish it, this is good enough!

[​IMG]
    Another one to make sure you dont miss it!

[​IMG]
    This was the way it looked like when i started to make the holes. Thought of some more, but wouldnt make them in case it weren't right. I also had in mind to make a hole for the IDE-cable, to the back and in again a little longer up, to make clean lines! but i put that away.

[​IMG]
    THis is the way the IDe-cable will lay, the ATX will be over it, and hold the IDE back. The ATX will go straight out and 90 degreeds up and behind the drive-bay

[​IMG]
    The IDE moves further up, and up to the Dvd-burner. Here you also can see two of the cathodes, where they will be mounted. The basic kit's will be in the drive-bay. Will mount them in a way, maybe with some plexi.

[​IMG]
    This is one of two switches which will be placed in the PCI-slots and the cables will go through the hole on the picture below. Have to add another 5cm on it, its not long enough!

[​IMG]
    What you recommend to hold the cables down, tape or what? And what kind of tape?

[​IMG]
    The P4-Hole plus ass. cables

[​IMG]
    Here you can see my idea for the IDE, but its not so much space so i cant reach it with the dremel or the drill, so no hole there. Doesnt look too bad anyways! And btw, this it NOT the IDE cable that will be used!

[​IMG]
    There you go, the practic product for today (the day before yesterday). Two holes but a lot of thinking.

[​IMG]
    My head can be described like this, almost..

[​IMG]
    At the end of this update, some shots of the PSU Bracket! Doesnt came out too bad :) Have to get some longer screws, M3 or something? Dont remember, but i guess it will be some unbraco-screws from "Biltema/Clas Ohlson". Also thought using unbraco on the rear fan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, thats the update for now! Later today or tomorrow the next update will be out, and hopefully the final product tomorrow night!

Regards,
    Øyvind

[​IMG]

Tags: