1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Transparent Tower 95% DONE UPDATE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Longtalltechsan, 5 Jan 2005.

1. Longtalltechsan

Longtalltechsan What's a Dremel?

Well tonight is kind of a momentous night. I got the wires on the new psu extended. Was really nervous about it, but everything works great. I'll sleeve the other wires and move onto the next step which is mounting the psu in the top compartment.

2. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

really really nice mod so far. keep us updated with the mod. i was worried in the begining plexi mods are kind of tricky but yours turned out pretty well. anyway keep on modding :dremel:

3. Longtalltechsan

Thanks. Yeah it has turned out pretty nice. There are a few mistakes here and there, but don't expect me to point them out to you. Will try to post some pics tonight showing progress.

4. x3x3non

x3x3non What's a Dremel?

That acrylic you are using that you got from homedepot, is that by a manufacturer called "optix"?

5. Longtalltechsan

To be honest, I don't remember what the manufacturer of it was. It really didn't come with any labellling. It just had a clear blue plastic film on it.

6. Jrose152

Jrose152 What's a Dremel?

hmm i like this mod a lot...looks nice

7. Longtalltechsan

Thanks, appreciate the compliment. I need to order another switch, get some more cable sleeving, mount the box to the rear of my psu, mount the psu, and cut a hole in the top of the case for the fan in the psu. I also need to order some more led's. I'm getting there, but work has kind of slowed down here lately. I am also going to try to flame polish some of the edges on the exposed pieces of the acrylic. I'll have to do some good practicing before I can do that.

8. Longtalltechsan

Well I feel I got a pretty good amount accomplished this evening. I got the psu mounted and the box mounted to the back of the psu. I also put the top on for the first time with the 4 vertical rods in place. I still have to cut the top hole for the psu fan and shorten the rods a little, but you should get the overall idea from these pics. I also have to paint the psu to match the other internal components. There's little detail work to do here and there, but for the most part I am done. Woohoo! Once I get completely done I'll take some 'portfolio' pics with a nice backdrop etc.

Here it is in the dark. As you can see it needs more lighting, which I'll get done soon. I need some more leds.

[​IMG]

Here is with the flash.

[​IMG]

Like I said, I still need a switch and a few other minor things.

9. Longtalltechsan

Just a little update...I bought a torch a few days ago and am in the process of flame polishing the edges of the case. I was pretty nervous at first but with a little practice have found it is pretty easy. Didn't catch the acrylic on fire once...yet! Flame polishing really makes the edges look great and clear. It's amazing what it can do. I also just ordered another switch from Bulgin (non-illuminated this time) and some led's to get this thing glowing white. I'll see if I can get a good pic or two of the edges tonight after the flame polishing. I hope people are still interested in this case-build.

10. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I am, and hope you keep posting updates

11. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Its looking good so far, will be watching for further updates

12. Carbon

Carbon Banned

agreed, it looks cool

13. Longtalltechsan

Ok folks, here's another little update. I am about 95% done. Since the last time I have finished all wire sleeving, installed the new switch, and added some led's. As it turns out, there still aren't enough lights for my taste so I'll have to work on that some but I'll keep you updated. But I thought I would give a couple more shots. I realize now there isn't much difference between these pics and the last ones, but you'll see.

First one:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to work on wire management a little better. Even though all the wires are sleeved, it still looks like a rats nest back there. Plus I'll add some more led's like I said. Other than that I am pretty much done. Hope you like the pics. Once I get it where I want it, I will take all the final 'perty' shots.

14. Yaik

Yaik What's a Dremel?

Is this project dead? :confused:

15. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Dont bring up threads that are nearly 10 months old. It just fills the boards with useless threads.