1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAF aircraft 'hit by US missile'

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Moreland, 23 Mar 2003.

1. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

Good friendly fire article from bbc here
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2878113.stm
    though it still leaves questions unanswered,

Both pilots have been confirmed as dead, as thet did not eject it may have been that their plane's systems were already badly damaged. The news from Samuel that the Patriots were launched from the American unit that had just been attacked by one of it's own soldiers only adds to the confusion surrounding this loss of life.

2. |Jedi|

|Jedi| What's a Dremel?

I thoug us Is the most powerfull army in the world (thay have good soldiers, good weapons and i think good training). Why are they having all this accidsents with frindly troops, own troops and even journalist?

(US troops killed a UK journalist who was retourning to the US formation with IRAK troops who want to surrender to the US soldiers)

3. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

all this is bad... And all this friendly fire going on.. whats happened to the tech.

4. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

i think youve hit the nail on the head dight there

sheer confusion causes the deaths of our proud british soldiers

5. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I feel physically sick, does it take two deaths to implement a safety check???

This could have been forseen.

My god, the patriot crew or commander in charge of the Weapon Standard Operating Procedures/Rules of Engagement should be court martialled. That is manslaughter.

:grr: :grr: :grr:

6. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

38 US soldiers have died in battle, and 1 uk confired death in comabt, and 2 uk troops missing, the death tole is slowly going up for the ALLIES.

7. ndtinker

ndtinker Car Washoholic

I bet everyone down there has itchy trigger-fingers..

It'd be hard to look at what you're firing on before you fired, worried that you might be hit first..

I dunno.

I feel I'd be really bad in the military. I'd be too on edge and too jumpy to be of good judgement.

Is that why I'm a PC tech? :worried:

8. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

Haaa, just read that the tornados, beacon system, that shows it as a friendyl aircraft mite havebeen damaged.

So it would have shown up on the Patriot radar as a unknown/enemy plane.

These things happen, 1 of those things, they died, they knew they could,im shocked by it like everyone, but you look at this war, and then look back at the ww2, and you realise everything.

9. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Banned

Nope, from what ive read and heard, as the Journalist is from the UK, they had been moving forwards in there TV markedd car, when Iraq troops in cars, came at them, they turned around and were being followed, by the IRAQ'S, as they got close to the US troops, it looked as if it was an Iraq'i force heading for them, i can understand that.

so thats how its being told over here.