1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Rage - Anyone excited?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Da_Rude_Baboon, 28 Sep 2011.

1. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I feel Rage has been over shadowed by the imminent release of BF3 and there is surprisingly little about it anywhere. I have been following the game on and off for a while but the reaction its been getting from those who have played it is very positive indeed. I am getting quite excited about it, is anyone else?

Eurogamer did a very interesting interview with ID about the game and ID Tech 5 and every thing they are saying sounds good to me. The comments from people who played the game at the Eurogamer expo after the article are also worth a read.

Surprise hit of the year?

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Played it at Eurogamer, reminded me a lot of Borderlands from the small play test I had. Looks decent on the 360 but I'm interested to see what the PC version has to offer.

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I was shocked to hear this it out next month. I thought it was ages away off. I am excited about it but am more so for BF3 and playing DXHR once I upgrade my pc!

4. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

Interesting read, that's for sure. I'm excited for Rage, looks like it could be a killer game, might be one of those niche sort of games, where they're popular without reaching the heights of acclaim that BF3 and MW3 will.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

To be honest, I'm not that excited, I'll probably enjoy playing it, but will buy it further down the line in the sales. In past times releasing your game at the same time as iD release was suicide, but now its the other way around.

6. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Like Parge, it's something I will get when it goes on sale. Borderlands and Fallout 3/NV completely drained my enthusiasm for post-apocalyptic, Mad Max-style environments.

It seems to be an excellent game, very well designed and probably quite good looking. I hope they have a decent sized marketing budget too, because they're releasing in the same window as BF3 and MW3. A small, but possibly potent, problem is the title - what parent will buy their child a game called 'Rage'? :D In the run up to Xmas this may be a problem (Call of Duty speaks of honour, even Battlefield is more neutral).

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm hoping its good enough to see a resurgence of ID as a developer as we need people like them to drive technology forward. If ID tech5 delivers what they say it will it could be a major boost to PC gaming and help prevent it being held back by the consoles.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Pre-ordered here.

I've no doubt that it'll be at least an 80% game. What I'm really interested in is the scalability of the engine - I've seen it running on an iPad, lets see how it looks on some proper hardware.

9. bagman

bagman Minimodder

10. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I still don't know what to make of it yet. I hated Borderlands (it was like a single player version of WoW with guns), and Fallout 3 was ok but still not really my kind of thing. So I will be waiting for reviews of this. It looks promising though. And it sure is purdy.

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Hmm, it seems that the co-op mode is a series of 'extra' missions (that have to be unlocked) rather than the storyline that can be played in co-op. It also contains timed missions - I hate timed missions!!

I have it on pre-order but maybe I will wait for some reviews first. I already have a few quid free after cancelling my BF3 pre-order so maybe I will take a punt. There is so much out in October that I willbe having toast for my Xmas Dinner!

13. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

I was going to pre-order this for the co-op. I might give it a miss.

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Another game play video.

15. Treacles

Treacles Minimodder

I had a go at Eurogamer as well, i do kinda like the fact they have a "Strategy" based gameplay as well as a "COD" based gameplay, and that you can choose which one to do...

16. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

thing I like about id.. their engines are so slick- they deliver really good graphics without milking it..

for example in fallout new vegas.. you could simply put an old version of dx in and could see a huge amounts of frames freed up with little hit on the visuals.. actually I tried both here and couldn't see any difference

gaming companies have little side deals with the hardware guys like nvidia to set the 'max' right at their top line cards now days.. and if the game is good, it sells more hardware like in the case of bf3

I'm excited for rage.. it's been in the works awhile.. might try out from dust from ubisoft too

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I am curious as I have heard this a lot. When you say 'choose', do you mean that you can select it at the start (i.e. I want to play in Strategy mode), or is it that you can approach every situation in a strategic or a gung-ho manner?

18. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

19. Brooksie

Will this work on Steam?

20. Brooksie

Sold out already :(