1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress RE-Define XL - Update 20th November

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Wissel, 15 Aug 2012.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

wouldnt try it mate, unless you have the proper equipment,

the coolance blocks look good in your case as they are

2. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I think the copper block would stand out but it does not really go with the color scheme so far so not sure if I would change it out. Looking good so far. Keep it up and were waiting on MOAR updates!

3. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Decided to keep the blocks as they are at the moment

I'm going to keep the block as it is for the time being, would still like the copper Raystorm though, just spent way to much already for now :eeek:

Small Update

I've spent the last few days cutting, filing and sanding all the panels ready for painting, took loads of pictures and didn't realise I hadn't put a memory card in the camera :wallbash:

...so sadly not much to show.

The new panels have had their first coat of primer now, here's a little taster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'll be doing a final sand of all the panels then more primer.

4. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

it looks very good

5. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Thank You :thumb:

A Little Update

All the panels are now painted so I can start assembling tomorrow. I'll set up proper lighting then and take some decent pictures but I'm really pleased with how this bit turned out so couldn't resist posting a quick pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The paint has come out great, just needs polishing now.

6. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

Awesome drizzled in win sauce.
    Subbed

7. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Thanks

Very quick update[/B]

Had a hell of a day putting bits of this together today, one of those ones where if it can go wrong it will :rolleyes:

Anyway, overcome most problems and will post more pics probably tomorrow once I have lighting again (both white light bulbs blew today).

[​IMG]

The motherboard is all plumbed in now, with a bit of luck tomorrow the loop will be finished and I can test it.

If that goes well I can start fitting fans/switches/front DVD connection/wiring/etc/etc..........
    (will be finished one day)

8. Razbit

Razbit What's a Dremel?

Looks good so far :thumb:

In case you hadn't noticed, I am actually making a mod based on R4, which goes on nearly the same name (Redefine R4). I didn't copy it from you though.. :D

Keep up the good work mate, subbed.
    PS. Love the zen of your mods outlook :)

9. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much and good luck with your build.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had a small delay due to a change in living arrangements. We now have much more space but the house needed modding :D

Most rooms are now finished apart from my new office/video studio for which the parts will be here for later this week. This PC is being built for this purpose (need it for work).

I also have a new DSLR arriving this week (went for a Canon 600d due to its great video capability's) so should be able to get some good shots once the studio is finished as it has permanent photo lighting set up.

With a bit of luck I should be updating this thread in around 10 days. I'll probably try the new video studio out at the same time and post a video update although it will be unedited as the editing will be done on this build.

10. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

In the future it would notable to remember you dont need to run the RPM wire (yellow) on all of the fans. Since youre using a fan controller its no biggie, but if you were to run those off a mobo header the signal would get confused and the reading would be useless. :)

11. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Wow nice mods there, I really like how you manage the fan controller, the PSU, and the reservoir.

Also the dark colors look nice in the overall project.

12. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Cheers.

Update 30/10/2012 - Water Loop Finished

I've had a little time the past few days to get on with this build and at last the water loop is complete. The thing is there are so many joins in this loop I thought I'd better take some photos and get this update posted before I fill it with water :D

This is the view in the top bay with the front off:

[​IMG]

The T piece coming from the top of the rad is a bleed port to make filling and draining easier. This sits nicely on the top next to the fill port:

[​IMG]

coming down from the T is the return pipe back to the res:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The res is an Alphacool and below is a Lamptron FC6 fan controller. Below the FC6 and barely visible in this pic are the backs of the two LCD temperature displays, one showing the air temp and the other the water.

The pipe on the left leads down to the pump in the bottom of the case:

[​IMG]

The pump is hardly visible in the pic, the two fittings in the middle are the inlet and outlet though. From the pump the loop attaches to the bottom rad then out the top and into another T fitting. The right side of this fitting houses the water temperature sensor, the other outlet to the bottom of the motherboard. There is also a drain port at the bottom.

[​IMG]

The loop starts in the bottom right of the picture going to the first motherboard block, then to the CPU, then the second M/B block and finally the GPU's. I originally had the GPU's in serial but swapped it over to parallel to make the loop a little less restrictive. Actually I just preferred the look of it this way.

The loop then leaves the GPU's and travels into the top chamber and back to the rad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now - time to fill it up :rolleyes:

Omoobhs likes this.
  13. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Quick Update - First Boot

After filling the loop two nights ago and testing it for a day I decided to wire it up to see if it actually works. Thankfully it does and I'm really pleased with it.

Its only running at stock speeds at the moment but these are the temps so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rig has been on for a few hours and I've run Prime95 for an hour where the CPU temperature peaked at 45 degrees (as you can see in the pic) so pretty happy with the temps so far. This was with the rad fans on as low as they will run and completely silent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For ease I wired it up using the stock corsair cables but I like the way they look with this build so may keep it this way. I'm waiting for some LED's to arrive for the lighting, once these are here and fitted I'll fit the case fans and shrouds.

[​IMG]

Then its just ordering the side panels and a few finishing touches. I held of ordering the sides until it was all together to make sure my measurements from drawings were exact.

I'll update again once the LED's and fans are fitted - hopefully within a week :thumb:

Last edited: 1 Nov 2012
    Waynio likes this.
  14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice project :cooldude:
    Congrats for the nomination on mod of the month :)

15. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Thanks Waynio, thought you were joking when I saw this post :)

Really surprised to get nominated (and pleased :thumb:)

16. Karrek

Karrek Minimodder

great work - I like the clean lines and organized look of the build.

17. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Brilliant job! :D

18. Ripitup121

Ripitup121 MMMMMMm watercooling....

Wow Lovely Mod, do you not think the SLi bridge needs some black film on it too though. (might be my OCD kicking in). Great Job though.

Rip

19. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Wissel,
    That is mighty impressive fora first go at sleeving!

More so the whole project has come together nicely!!

Has given me a couple of ideas for my next project :thumb:

Mod on dude!!:dremel:

20. Wissel

Wissel What's a Dremel?

Cheers Karrek that's the look I like - hoping it will look much cleaner once the sides are ready :dremel:

Thanks

Def not OCD (although I think most modders are a little OCD) the SLi will have a black aluminium cover to match.

Thanks, sleeving was much easier than I thought it would be. Glad it gave a few ideas :D