1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Recommend me an iPhone 4S case!

Discussion in 'General' started by Blogins, 11 Feb 2013.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

As per the title, looking for a decent case for the iPhone 4S.

Doesn't need to be nuclear proof but provide all round protection whilst not hindering its use.

2. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

4. Addie

Addie What's a Dremel?

I use the Otterbox Commuter on my 4S and it seems pretty rugged, only downside is the amount of bulk it adds to the phone itself. The screen protector included is very good too.

5. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Over the years with iphones ive found any debris that gets between case and body does a good job of scratching the arse out of it, so now I also wrap mine in vinyl too, after 18 months my 4 was immaculate. Whilst at work its in a case too, but when out I just use the thing wrapped in vinyl, I've dropped it a few times and it's always been ok, no dents or dings, if you search ebay or amazon for iphone vinyl you'll find loads.

I use to rock the 3m Di-noc and found its nice to have a texture so it doesn't slide out my hand but now for a change have a copper brushed affect on my 5 which is pretty cool. I have a zagg HD invisible shield on the front.

6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Is there such a case that protects the jack plug from being pressed on while in pockets/bags? I keep hunting for something but it dosen't seem to exist. Only things I have seen that come close is a total hard case, but I don't want all that extra bulk and have to open the thing to use the screen.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I have been using SwitchEasy cases/covers on all my iDevices since I got my iPhone 3G and 5th generation iPod Nano. The TRIM is a really nice 4/4S case, but what Puk said about using vinyl is true, it's better to use both instead of just one or the other. I learned this lesson with my 3G, and was able to keep my 3GS minty new for about 18 months using a combination of Zagg Invisishield and SwitchEasy cover, then the Zagg came off, a different rubber based SwitchEasy cover went on, and for the next 6 months, the back of the phone got covered in tiny scuffs and scores from the tiny particles of dirt and grit trapped between the case and the back of the phone.

At the moment I have the TRIM for my iP4, but don't have it on yet - I'm just rocking a black Apple Bumper with a Steinheil screen shield and back cover film.

Brands you should be looking at:

SwitchEasy
    Zagg
    Otterbox
    Spigen SGP

Do you mean something that protects the jack socket itself when no headphones are plugged in, or something that protects the socket and the headphone jack when your headphone are plugged in? If it's the former, most SwitchEasy cases come with headphone and dock port protector plugs. If you meant the latter, I can't help - I would guess that you're right in that it's probably only available with a full hard case and of course would add a lot of extra bulk, probably doubling the overall size of your phone, if not more.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2013
  8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

9. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Yeah I meant to protect while it is plugged in. When in pocket often presses the jack quite a bit which eventually leads to cut outs then breaks it of course. I really would not mind having a case that addes a couple cm to the length to avoid having to replace the headphone jack. End up with broken jack like this on every idevice I owned so far. I'm surprised no case maker has realized this by now. I breifly also considered bluetooth cans, but they all either really suck or sort of suck and cost a fortune.

10. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Doesn't that mean you've compromised it to an extent against ingress of liquids and granular materials?

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Most Probably, but generally i just wanted protection against dropping the phone and the screen cracking which i totally did a million and one times. The phone after a few months was still like new and sold for a great price.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I have a cheap £3 tacky case, does the job of protecting the back while it's on the desk. Also allows you to spin the phone like 90's phones. :D

Just ordered a Case-mate Barely There a few days ago, looks minimalistic.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I've had a few cases on my 4, and hated them.
    I had two different wraps, one from T-Mobile in Germany (no idea of brand), and one Zagg invisible shield.
    The Zagg one was brilliant. Easy to apply, and durable as hell.
    Only issue I had with it was that it made the screen "sticky"

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Don't use one...

The key is not dropping it and not putting anything else in the pocket with it.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That's what I do nowadays... :p