1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ROG V-3 - Custom case - Final photos!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TheL4mka, 13 Nov 2014.

1. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

Thanks! :) :thumb:

2. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

UPDATE 10

So today, I got a little more interesting update, I've progressed to the mounting block to the board and beehives and I also placed first in the closet water cooling components, ie the pump.

The first block, I decided to mount the block on the motherboard. Bitspower supplies in this kit and heatsink South Bridge, but visually I really did not sit down, so he returns to the box :D

[​IMG]

First, it was necessary to remove original cooler and pads underneath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was nothing to prevent the stick on the plate thermally conductive pads from the radiator and cooler Bitspower mount.

[​IMG]

Next came a series of memory ...

[​IMG]

Because the block to memory must mounted with M2.5 screws must also remember the actual install suitable cooler. For using the dryer, I removed the original HyperX memory coolers and cleansed.

[​IMG]

Again, followed by installation supplied Bitspower cases and coolers.

[​IMG]

Just snap frames for the board and install a water block itself :)

[​IMG]

Last time I promised more pictures of braided cables. Of course, I sleeved only the cables that I need - 24 pin, 8 pin for board, 2x 8 pin graphics and SSD power cord.

[​IMG]

Here it is a complete composition of case yet but of course without the cover panels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Space for expansion tank, pump, drive source, and on the top is radiator of course.

[​IMG]

After installing the PSU I was a bit horrified, really there at the pump is little space ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quite a long time, I was infuriated with the placement of the pump: D This place is not so little in the end it was not, but I had to put the pump so that they can be naturally connect the hose to the reservoir. Then, in order to give stretch hose to the bottom of the radiator and last but not least there I could place a drain port. Finally I did it and I found the pump location. I drilled 4 holes and pump is mounted :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For today, it's all in the course of the week I'll go on creating water circuit above ground. By this I mean that I have to think of how all those blocks actually get in touch with tubing .. :)

3. ciobanulx

ciobanulx Modder / Watercooler

Subbed! Awesome work :D

4. sprintdmc

sprintdmc What's a Dremel?

It is coming together nicely, looking forward to the finished Project.

5. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

Thanks!

Thank you! Hoping for finish at the end of January :)

6. Marcus V

Marcus V What's a Dremel?

Looks so great "moy drug" if you know Sribijan ;)

Can't wait to see it done.

7. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

UPDATE 11

Slowly but surely, the project nearly completes itself :D I think that in two weeks by a computer could be ready and fully functional :) I had originally planned completion in mid-January, so it is quite according to plan :)

Last time I installed on a motherboard block on MOSFETs and HyperX RAM with a water block. Now, of course, remains a processor ..
    For better access for mounting CPU I took RAMS out for a while.

[​IMG]

The processor on the spot and water block also a moment I'm still wondering about connecting tubing and making nice looking loop.

[​IMG]

Then I went back to the board and put back RAMs...

[​IMG]

.. And mounted a water block using four M3 screws.

[​IMG]

Then started to me the most enjoyable activities :D contrive how to connect all the blocks with tubing and fittings .. As I wrote above, I was not just a link, but mainly about how it will look. I tried to avoid oblique connections, which I did, but I had to try a lot of variants :D Here is the "winning".

[​IMG]

Then I mounted motherboard temporary on plate and invented a way to lead bushings in the rear of the case.

[​IMG]

This, of course, I did not work much time was enough to drew where the bushing have center and then drill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bushings also have a O-ring as the other fittings, so that the holding plate nicely .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mounted a plate to plate and I tried to put it in the case how will look like inside. Result judge for yourself :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the next update already will be connecting loop by tubes and hoses in some parts ... And then slowly loop will be able to fill, perhaps :D Stay tuned! :)

8. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

UPDATE 12

Today we have one of the latest updates. In fact, generally about penultimate and last terms of construction. The water circuit is complete, the case of course (except for the cover sheets).
    By the end of this month you can expect the final photos, maybe next week ... ;)

After installing blocks, fittings and bushings on the water I put in tubes. Not very many, because it is quite a small circle, but despite that I gave some of them take a lot :D

[​IMG]

Here is the tube, which caused problems. The cpu block to the mosfet block. It is very short so did not go normally put into fittings. It did not in any way, so I had to remove the cpu block, put the tube back and install cpu block back ..

[​IMG]

Linking RAM block with grommet.

[​IMG]

"Input" in the circle, passing the liquid will flow into the circuit board above the water. It must be like this because CPU block has a clearly defined, which is opening IN and OUT that.

[​IMG]

And here is the "output" of heading back to the rear of the case where the source, pump etc ..

[​IMG]

This long pipe is not seen through the video card that covers both tube and part of the base.

[​IMG]

I tried to temporarily place the board and graphics card, including its mounting, and it seems that everything fits properly and it will pass. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The closet was a bit dusty and mostly there was enough hair from cats ..:D

[​IMG]

But even the hairs of course not prevent me to install sheet metal case with the motherboard and graphics card. The first time I could see how it will look like ..

[​IMG]

Before I could assemble everything and finish, I had yet protahat 24-pin cable from the power supply to the motherboard ..

[​IMG]

Then came the first problem, as I watched the graphics in the cabinet and its connection to the circuit and pipe CPU block to graphics was crooked, not much .. But given that all other tubes are "straight", so it was as sore thumb. So I had to circle a little revamp and link otherwise. The change was only in the long tube that did not go to block the plate, but went to the CPU block. Then the graphics card will be connected to the block plate and the other end into the memory block.

[​IMG]

Graphic circuit to connect to the last, first I had to finish the rest of the circuit through the hoses (I can not imagine how I would do it with acrylic tubing :D ). I also joined fans and everything else.

[​IMG]

I do not know why, but I very like this tube into the radiator :D

[​IMG]

The next time that remains just slide holder with graphics in case, connect two pipes and we are done!

As I wrote at the beginning, soon you can expect the final pictures! :)

Vognen likes this.
  9. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Amazing mod! Any chance you'll send the drawings to someone else? Or maybe even sell the case once you're done?

10. Jeffinslaw

Jeffinslaw What's a Dremel?

I'm digging this! Like it a lot :thumb:

-Jeffinslaw

11. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

Thank you! I am 100% sure that I will not sell the case.. Maybe I will send drawings to someone.. Maybe :D :)

Thanks for your comment! :thumb:

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just seen the finished build on FB. A beautiful bit of work. Well done.

13. TheL4mka

TheL4mka Minimodder

FINAL PHOTOS!

I think there is nothing else to say.. Judge for yourself how my project looks finished and write your opinions :thumb: :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPONSORS

Again I must mention great companies which supports me and believe in me. Thanks!

[​IMG]

http://www.asus.cz
    ASUS Maximus VII GENE
    ASUS GTX780Ti DCII

[​IMG]

http://www.aquatuning.cz

ALPHACOOL NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240 mm
    ALPHACOOL NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240 mm
    ALPHACOOL VPP655 - single edition

[​IMG]

http://www.bitspower.com

The complete water cooling - blocks, fittings
    TOP for the pump
    Mod Kit for D5 pump

[​IMG]

http://www.kingston.com

HyperX SSD 3k 240 GB
    HyperX RAM 16GB Black Fury

[​IMG]

http://www.bequiet.com
    6x Silent Wings 2 120 mm
    Power 850W Zone

[​IMG]

http://www.icemodz.com

Sleeving, cabling

[​IMG]

http://www.plexi.cz

Czech company MK Plexi
    They will support acrylic for reservoir

14. ciobanulx

ciobanulx Modder / Watercooler

Awesome! Great work mate :D

15. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

This case is really a thing of beauty :eeek: Your craftmanship and creative thinking is far beyond what I myself would be able to make. How's the temperatures on the hardware?

16. TechSoldier

TechSoldier What's a Dremel?

Beautiful absolutely beautiful, you did an amazing job.

17. -MisterX-

-MisterX- Minimodder

Well done!

18. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

veri nice finish!

- but what custom feet?

Last edited: 28 Jan 2015
  19. Bartacus

Bartacus Minimodder

Awesome, excellent, terrific, and a bunch of other butt-kissy words. :D Great job! You sure made the most of the small space!

20. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Very nicely done! I really like the color scheme. I have a soft spot for scratch builds in that it takes so much more work to be able to well plan a case from the ground up.