1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gets a massive update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

interesting sounds like a non online MMorpg which is a very good thing i might break out the box again after i got bored first time around

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

If the update isn't released, 'gets' is wrong - 'will be getting' would be more accurate. 'Gets' implies that the update is already available. :(

I read the title and thought that they had actually released it - and then read the article itself with growing disappointment...

4. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

have they fixed the issues with the 8800's yet?

5. quack

quack Minimodder

Which one? There were like 6 of them!

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

And every single one was ****.

7. csplayer089

csplayer089 What's a Dremel?

wow, i love how they release this new amazing updates AFTER i beat the game AND uninstall it. :wallbash:

8. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I wonder if it means the game will finally work on my PC...?? It lasts 5mins at most before a CTD. Usually immediately prior to saving...

:(

9. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Actually I've heard from quite a few people that liked at least one of the endings, so maybe you guys are hard to impress.

10. CardJoe

this is how the game ending works:

If you get more than 10,000 quid at any point in the game then you automatically get a 'Rich' ending which involves making a wish for money, as the game assumes all you care about is cash. Unfortunately it is practically impossible NOT to get this amount of money as the game is littered with artifacts to grab and sell, and which you are encouraged and forced to do.

There are other endings depending on your allegiances and so on, or the ending which actually ties into a single, larger, coherent storyline. Unfortunately, to get that ending you need to find not one but two semi-secret areas in two parts of the game set in a dark, underground base and which the player is not told or warned about.

Yeah, I'm hard to impress.

11. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

I got a choice of endings depending on what I said.. one which resulted in me joining there weird project and another where I was just dumped outside the power plant... where there was alot of rad and monolith. resulting in death :p

12. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Well I haven't seen any endings yet so I can't say, but I don't really feel the need to make posts just to bash games, and I could do it quite often if I really wanted to. The main reason is because arguing opinions is pointless, especially on the internet.

13. CardJoe

Point taken. :blush:

14. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Nonsense! We come here to argue... or perhaps discuss... anything and everything.

The sign of a mature community is not that they don't disagree, but that they feel free to disagree without any worry that there will be any real conflict.

So as far as I am concerned, I want to hear a range of conflicting opinions about the STALKER endings... especially since the game won't last long enough for me to get anywhere near the middle, let alone the ending.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Thanks Joe, I hadn't finished it yet, but I was like a rabbit staring at headlights reading that spoiler. :p

16. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

the endings in stalker make no sense because there is no plot to support them. there is no involvement whatsoever other than the obvious staying alive.
    no mystery other than the "WTF IS GOING ON I DON"T GET IT"

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

So far I've not got that far, and it seems a bit repetitive atm, which is a shame, because it had such potential. Usually I have a tolerance for repetitive things, but this just gets me. In fact it's so bad, I got stuck at one bit, and just stopped playing (which is very unusual for me, I always finish my games...)

Tags: Add Tags