1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Screw Sorting device

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 2shae, 7 Jun 2007.

1. 2shae

2shae What's a Dremel?

I started working in a PcRepair/Server Setup company on tuesday. when im setting up servers it gets extremely annoying sorting through bags of screws and ive offically had enough of it. Is their an easy way to make a screw sorting machine to sort out a bag of 6 types of screws into different tubs and what it cant tell into another tub.
    any ideas?

2. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

3. identikit

identikit Minimodder

I remember seeing a meccano sorting device, made out of meccano. That worked well, but I doubt something similar would work for lots of small screws that are almost identical. Best way to to buy sorting boxes and order screws seperately that come pre-sorted.

4. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

You can sort them by size with a shakerplate. The are used to filter gravel and stuff. Not that hard tu build yourself. If the screws are same size then you are screwed :D

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

depends a bit. If the heads are different sizes (difference can be pretty small) you can just make two rails at a slight v shape and slide the screws down the rails. When it get to a point where the head can fit between the rails it will fall down. just put some cups under the rail and you are set. You will also need a shaker/rail system to get all the screws in the right orientation before they get to the rail.

if the screws are the same size, but different lengths, you just need to rotate the rails 90 degrees. (and maybe mill out a groove in one of the rails, so the head of the screw doesn't mess up the process.)