1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sick game gets dropped

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 24 Nov 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Link dead...

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

4. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

If this was dropped because it's a badly made game I wouldn't be so annoyed, but the fact that it was dropped because of the controversy just sickens me.

It's always sad when something gets dropped because of controversy. People really need to grow up, get out of this Daily Mail state of mind and start realising that just because you don't find something fun, doesn't mean someone else shouldn't.

5. bllt2bnry

bllt2bnry What's a Dremel?

I watched the view of this on Gametrailers a while back and I can't see at all where this controversy stems from.. it did not look bad at all. Just a badly made game.

6. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Who wanted this game in the first place? To me it sounded like crap anyway. Then again I think that of 75% of what comes out of Hollywood too. :sigh:

7. K

K 528491

3/10 in EDGE.

'nuff said really.

8. Spaced_invader

Spaced_invader What's a Dremel?

not any more than it is to ban films or other form of media and art.

9. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Well in that case, just because you don't enjoy touching little children, it doesn't mean we should stop Mr X from doing so. Although this game is considered 'harmless fun', if it's allowing people to act out acts that are disturbing enough for this to happen, then I'm glad the publisher has taken the initiative to drop it. Controversy for controversy's sake doesn't make a good game, just a way of seeking publicity and trying to exploit the fairly laid back censorship laws already in place in our countries, and even though I'm against banning games pretty much all of the time, the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

<A88>

10. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

"Chilling Effects".

The ultimate end result of actions like these, means eventually the only games that will get made are Collapse, Bejewelled and Sponge Bob....

:(

Aggies

11. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

How do you know how bad the content of the game was. From what I've heard it certainly wasn't approaching the "disturbingness" some of the big horror game franchises. The only controversial thing about it seems to be that it involves kids :rolleyes:

12. phonon45

phonon45 What's a Dremel?

I can do without the censors thank you very much. I don't think that this game (or any game for that matter) will compel anyone to do anything that they are not predisposed to do either by nature or nurture. Video games are not to blame for people's actions. Anyone that says otherwise is just trying to manipulate you by appealing to your base instincts.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2006
  13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

like punisher... the game, it rocked.... especially the torture scenes, the part that sucked was the way they censored some of the tortures...... :(

14. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Some would argue that certain things can indulge & nurture latent issues which would not manifest themselves otherwise.

15. Miser

Miser What's a Dremel?

Didn't you read the article? Bit reported that the most disturbing thing was a rat on a stick...

16. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

It's better to be a safe chicken than a dead duck. Also, it's better to deprive 10,000 people of a certain game than risk the possibility that 10 sick people will get ideas from something in the game. See, I know nothing about the game except what I just read, but let's judge it anyways! [/sarcasm]

If the game was only rated a 3 our of 10, there's no use fighting the censors or the controversy. It's better for people to pick a better battle and get upset over worthier things.

Hmm. Now if only someone could put a breast-feeding hack into a game. If the censors react as harshly as they did way back with the GTA hot coffee mod issue, the lactivists would bring the censors down for us.

17. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

stupid. some people need to get a life.

dont like it? dont buy it.

18. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Isn't movies much more realistic than games?
    Why does anybody care to ban "The Hostrel"? Because somebody said "if u don't like it, dont watch it". Simple

Besides, have u guys seen something more sadistic and violent than "The Passion of the Christ" from Mel Gibson? Just because it's "Christ" nobody comments it.. For chrits sake!

If u have some guy to ban a game, whats the censorship for?

All I have to say about people who are trying to ban games is:
    "Go get a real job!"

19. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I was all set to blow a gasket until I saw the sarcasam tag. I need to pay closer attention :blush:

Yeah, but if you don't fight them on the little stuff we may never see the next great game because someone decides that it might get censored. I agree, based on the reviews the game probably isn't worth buying, but sometimes you have to stand on principal because there may not be another opportunity.

20. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

who cares? the game sucks ass.

Tags: Add Tags