1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Sports slow motion (for coaching)

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by krakatoa3, 18 Jun 2012.

1. krakatoa3

krakatoa3 How hard can it be??

Hi guys,

I've started doing a small amount of coaching (cricket and lacrosse) and would love to be able to find a cheap (less than £150 preferably) camera that is capable of producing some slow motion video to show the guys any problems that are being caused.

I've tried a little research, and one website quoted 120 fps as being the standard sports-tv slow-mo speed. The standard of the image doesn't need to be great, the smallest details will probably be finger-gripping of the ball filmed from between 2 and 15 metres.

Having been on a couple of well known online electronics stores, I quickly get bogged down by brands advertising their camera as uniquely different from normal cameras, when all I need is the above.

Any help?

Many thanks,
    Sam

2. dan-mel

dan-mel What's a Dremel?

For that sort of money the only options i can think of would be something from the Canon Ixus 'HS' range

You can pick up a Canon Ixus 115hs for less than £90 and it will shoot 120fps at 640x480 or 240fps at 320x240 (I doubt that resolution would be much use) But at 120fps its not bad, have a look on youtube for some example videos.