1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Stranglehold hardware requirements released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Pretty needy game. But, it is strange that the minimum requirements are a X1300 or 7800, completely different cards.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

How long before quad core chips are recommended and my poor 939x2 is relegated to server duties. Actually its interesting its states dual core as a requirement does this mean they have managed to code a game to take proper advantage of a multi core set up, is this an actual first?

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

I agree with SteveO - hit that phone Joe and find out! :)

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Will do - updates to follow once I gets some answers.

6. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

lol so my athlon xp 2400 with 6600gt won't play it then. I really need to buy a faster computer but even if I did I doubt it would be able to play this game.

7. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

The 2 gig min ram really starts to force people towards 64bit OSes. So i guess it'll probably DX10 and vista only too then. Or is this a wild assumption?

8. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Well with the minimum gfx card being a 7800, then I suspect that the game will be DX9 compatible, with support for DX10, much like company of heroes is atm?

Still 2gb min ram?!!! What they doing with that vast amount, installing the game direct to RAM for best performance?!! :jawdrop: ;)
    Would be interesting to know if the game has native or patched support for 64bit if at all.

As for dual core requirement, would the people out there still running older machines with hyperhreading be ok to run such a game I wonder.

9. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

I would hope it's 64bit native these days, bloody annoying when my program files folder is basically empty, by my program files (x86) is bursting at the seams :p

Soo, looks like i'm going to be poor(er)

10. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I once heard hyper threading described as a method of turning one relatively quick cpu into two very slow ones. So i would doubt it would help.

11. Delphium

Figured that may be the case. :geek:

12. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I got a chance to get my hands on the xbox 360 version of this at QuakeCon this year and it was pretty wild. Berettas with never ending ammo, diving on top of rolling carts and blasting through hordes of baddies. And doves! Yes, there is a "special move" where you go into a rampage spinning ans shooting and kill everybody and through the whole thing, doves are flying around.

13. naokaji

naokaji whatever

they are prolly just telling the real hw requirements unlike others that give out hw requirements which are then only good for 1024x768 at lowest quality settings so that a 2 year old game that runs on same hw on max settings looks better.

14. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Actually you have it mixed up, minimum requirements mean the minimum required to install the game, not play it at good settings. Recommended hardware is what you're thinking of, which is always on there anyways. If this is the minimum for this game, I can't imagine how ridiculous the recommended hardware probably is.

15. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

There is something wrong with this sentance:
    Why is there no mention of Xbox360 in there considering it's on all 3 (PC, 360, PS3) platforms?

16. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Hot damn they're high requirements! I'm surprised by the dual core requirement, do you think they actually mean you must have two cores to run the program, or that they're just using dual core as an example of a quick processor? I'm guessing the latter to be perfectly honest.

Thank goodness I meet the rest of the requirements, I'd be ****ed off if a PC I put together six months ago is now out of date.

17. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

No chance in hell I could play this game. The 15GB of hard disk space would only make sense if the game were long enough and had a lot of unique environments.

The X1300 / 7800 video card requirements were probably cited as minimums due to their widely-offered frame buffers (512MB) rather than their scene rendering power; I refer back to the 15GB of content.

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

There's a demo on XBL. But it's killed the whole of XBL (including online gaming, voice chats and downloads)

19. Delphium

Smooth :/

20. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Working now, seems like they fixed it. Just sloooow

Tags: Add Tags