1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I was thinking earlier about stupid things people do without realising and afterwards think "what the feck was I doing?", mainly because they are tired and I thought it would be fun to see what others have done.

- I've thrown my laundry in the toilet instead of the laundry basket (done that twice)
    - I've put orange juice in my cereal and milk in my glass
    - I've put salt in my cereal (almost threw up too)
    - I've entered my debit card number in a password field to log into a website
    - I've driven the wrong way down the motorway for miles before realising I'm going in the wrong direction

What's yours? Doing silly things whilst drunk does not count.

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

However you managed that I do not know.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I hoping he means he just went in the wrong direction, not the wrong side of the road. :p

We've just got some lazyboys in our flat and I keep leaving drinks by my feet and then catapulting them across the room. Luckily it tends to happen before I've opened it, but the other day my TV, PS3 computer and floor got splattered in beer.

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I once went to work wearing two odd shoes. By public transport, too. :duh:

5. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I've put cereal in the frig and milk in the pantry.
    I've peed on the toilet lid when I wasn't looking.
    I've drank sour milk before checking it. <---One too many pints :)
    I used Febreze instead of spot remover on my clothes.
    The list goes on.

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

In college I was taking apart a defibrillator. Thing hadn't been used in forever. I dropped one of the case nuts down inside and reached in to get it.

Knocked me flat on my back and took several minutes to realize I'd been shocked. The big caps hold a charge!

john

7. gar

gar Minimodder

lol. This is a great thread!

Well. Only one significant idiotic thing springs to mind at the moment at least!

I had been up every night until 4am for 2 weeks trying to do about 2 years of GNVQ art.
    At about 5am on the last morning I had just finished dying a silk tie. (second attempt)So, knowing that it would never dry in time and not wanting to waken my parents with a hair dryer, (didnt have a blow heater either) I decided to put the tie under the grill for quick drying. Obviously I didn't think it through too well!) Anyway, I decided to rest my eyes for a second, which I did. Came back to the kitchen only to find it was full of smoke and the tie burnt to a crisp!
    Whats worrying is that a few days previous to the said incident, I had painted another tie with acrylic based paint. Just as I was finishing it, leaning on my bed, I feel asleep and woke up with my head stuck to the darned thing! Needless to say it was ruined! Ended up with my mum doing it at the last minute for me while I did other work!

8. RTT

RTT #parp

My brain converted 21:00 to "9" so and I got up (thinking I was late, in fact i'd fell asleep when I got home from school), showered, got dressed for school, made lunch... and walked all the way to school. Again. Then realised :)

Last edited: 1 Dec 2008
  9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

My girlfriend did something yesterday. She popped a cherry tomato in her mouth and then, because she didn't like the taste, tried to add salt and pepper to her tongue by holding the electric grinder above her open mouth. I couldn't stop giggling even as she started whining about having salt and pepper in her eye.

Once during the holidays I walked three miles down the road to a mates house to borrow a game. In my PJs and dressing gown. I was half-way there before I noticed, then decided to just do it anyway.

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

I've accidentally got to work in my slippers before realising (when I worked at Tesco during university)... by that point it was too late.

I'll have to think of other idiocies

11. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I hung a wall-mount tv holder (for the old style tube TVs) on a wall at one of the properties we take care of. I didn't even think to put it on a stud (though I've done this many times) and a day later guests check in and needless to say I had to pay for a new wall, 22" TV, dresser, and wall mount. Oops!

I've put cereal on my salad instead of croutons.

I sent an email to a business client thinking it was going to my wife (I had A LOT of explaining to do)

I've searched endlessly for my carkeys with them in my hand.

12. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I've walked out the house, got in the car, got to my destination, without any shoes on
    Walked to my mates house, someone unknown answered the door ... ahh crap he had moved house.
    Can't think of much else.

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Related to jhanlon's comment, I blew off a piece of my left index finger like that. Pointed to a big cap to tell the guy I was working with it was dangerous, woke up when he pulled me out and hit the halon extinguisher. The Dell melted.

Damn Dells.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Trying to jump down some stairs with my bike a few years ago. (A 3-stem stair that wasn't mounted yet. Just a slope for wheelchairs and a gaping hole in the railing). Halfway in the process of pedaling up to speed I realized that the gears on my bike was stuck in first. Hoping to make it anyway i just pedaled as fast I could.

Because of the low speed my front tire plunged into the ground as I got over the edge. I was able to put my feet down, but the bike came flying knocking me over, falling head first, and entangled my feet between the handlebars and the ground. To top it off the bike continued over me, making the seat hit me in the head. That was painful. My mate thought I was dead... Asfter some moaning i couldn't do anything but laugh of the whole situation.

Brakes? pfff!

15. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I've searched for the TV remote for >10mins while holding it in my hand.

16. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Oh, and I keep forgetting stuff in the fridge. My phone gets frozen every once in a while...

17. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

In a social situation, an old math teacher was teasing me and I asked him if he wanted a limp for the rest of his life. Then he reminded me he'd had polio as a kid, and already had a limp for life.

then I got a brain-mouth filter +5.

18. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I have locked my keys in the car twice in one day.
    Went to work with my shirt inside out (multiple times)
    Went to school/work with my boxers on backwards (multiple times again)
    Put milk in my water thinking the glass was empty
    Other random things of the sorts

19. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I was once just messin' around with the file explorer in Ubuntu, moving stuff, deleting stuff, restoring stuff.
    I without thinking I pressed the delete key my "My Documents" folder in the NTFS partition.
    Gone.
    Forever.
    No warnings what so ever.
    No recycle bin
    Trawled forums for ages trying to find a way of getting it back, absolutely nothing. None of the file recovery software I tried worked.
    :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:
    I had a sort-of backup, but it was about a month old and I lost loads of stuff.

One good thing came out of it, I now always keep an up to date backup of anything I can't afford to loose :)

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

when backing out the garage i put the car in Drive instead of reverse. Luckily I caught myself right away. I did this like 5 times in a few days and haven't done it since.

I was drilling through some metal and was holding it directly on the other side of where I was drilling. OOPS! Lots of blood from that one.

I cant really remember other things. There is plenty of them I'm sure but I dont remember pointless things like that sadly.