1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Stupid things we've done without thinking

Discussion in 'General' started by MrWillyWonka, 1 Dec 2008.

1. dawg218

dawg218 What's a Dremel?

Oy vay... if I started recalling all the stupid stuff I've done over the years we'd still be here this time next year!

Probably one of the less bad ones though was forgetting my password for this site after not having been on it in seemingly forever... Good to be back in the techie forums! *Snifffffffff...* can you SMELL the technology?!

2. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

i just put in an order at OCUK:worried:

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I just this second answered the door to the police, he told me a jackass uncle had died, only to realise that my boxers (He woke me up) do not have a button on the crotch hole.

It is entirely possible that the officer has seen my genitals.

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

ah good time's i remember both of these :p

5. identikit

identikit Minimodder

"Good evening sir, we regret to inform you that... that... oh... erm... that your testicles are hanging out. Oh and your uncle is dead."

6. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

oh god, the stupid things i have done...
    heres a bit of the list, ill make a full one later ;)
    -@ 12 years old, i stuck a x-mas tree light in a electrical outlet. i quickly found out now to use outlets that way. Got thrown back a foot or so and wound up with third degree burns where i was holding the wires with my fingers.

-@14 i played a prank in school on some dude who was being a total ***** to the girls and harassing them. Guy was black and apparently valued his hat a lot. It went missing from the last class at the end of the day. Next Morning in had managed to climb in to a toilet and get pissed on. I got charged with Misdemeanor Theft, but the charge was dropped.

-@14, after having a seriously exhausting year of arguments with the Principal (i have medical issues - dont ask.), I decided it was time to pay her back... On 6-6-06, me and some friends crank-called her house from 11PM 6-5-06 till 7AM on 6-6-06 when she left from work. Needless to say the next day she never made eye contact.

- went more than 90 down a back road and attempted to drift a hairpin corner @35MPH. Needless to say I went and hit the stop sign, went in the ditch, out of the ditch in to someones yard, back into the ditch and on the road again. Cracked my left side mirror and tore the **** out of my front bumper.

- drove without a lisence and got in a car accident; got a $170 USD Ticket...

- drove without a license again, got in another car accident (not my fault, some b**** overtook me in an intersection, causing the accident - PM for details) and have to go to court for that one...

-this week I hit a deer going 45MPH after coming around a hairpin corner... Same car was involved as everything else. Funy thing is I now have a big dent in my (metal part of) left bumper and driver side door. The door barely opens, and is now on its last leg. Whats so funny is the last accident i got in, i was hit on the right, and my front end was tweaked to that side, which caused my left blinker to malfunction 90% of the time, as though it were burnt out (it wasnt). After F'in Bambi jumped out in front of me, my light works fine, some pieces of paint are gone off of the bumper and its cracked even more on the left side. And the engine light keeps coming on everytime I drive it... Dont know whats causing that, but it used to blink, now its solid. And it makes a worse wobbling/put-put sound. Its a 99 BTW.:wallbash::wallbash:

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Call me a moralf*g, but I can't help feeling there's a difference between doing a stupid thing when you're not thinking and just generally being a horrible human being ;)

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm not sure if I'd have pissed myself laughing or turned a weird shade of red while finding some trousers had he said that :D

No offence intended, but you sound like a god-awful driver, dude.

9. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

well, moralf*g, I just happen to do something stupid everyonce in a while. Im not a horrible human being, cant really think why you would say something like above...:eeek::waah:
    and there is a reason for me driving without a license; moms got narcolepsy and im the only other family member here, so its me that has to take care of her. I just hapen to get the bad end of Murphy's Law everyonce in a while...

nah, im quite good actually... just have bad luck. The accidents weren't my fault. and the one time when i jumped the ditch i was just being dumb. I have since matured and learned my lesson...:nono: No jumping ditches for me ;)

10. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Murphy's law strikes those most, that didn't take sufficient precautions. Stuntmen don't blame broken bones on bad luck, they admit that they took uneccessary risks.

So if you hit a deer or anything really Mr Mature :lol:, when coming out of a hairpin doing 45mph, man up and admit that you were taking an immature & uneccessary risk.

This is the thread to admit the stupid things we've done, not defend them :D

11. opal

opal Eh?

Driving along eating an apple, decided to throw the core out of the window whilst going round a roundabout (there was grass and plants in the middle of it). Threw the apple, then stuck my head out the window to look where it landed.

At this point I'm going round a roundabout with my head out the window looking backwards, so I thought it would be a good time to maybe look back to where I'm going to hear a lound bang. I'd driven straight into a street sign and tore it out the ground. Bent the entire front right hand side of my car, something burst under the bonnet and shot out through the vents in the dash board and somehow burnt through the entire right arm of my jacket. The door barely opened.

I was only driving about 10mph as well.

Now I don't eat apples in my car :(

mvagusta likes this.
  12. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

When I was 17, I worked in a local game store. On a quiet Sunday morning, me and my deputy manager trying to stay entertained that day decided to play dares. We tested to see how long each other would last when a freeze-can (used to freeze chewing gum from carpets) could be spray on the others arm.

My deputy manager when first at didn't last very long at all. Next was my turn, being the competitive type, I managed to hold out my hand for well over a minute to the point that a layer of ice formed onto my arm. I decided to hold out even longer, when I gave up, i had to literally crack the ice off my arm.

For the next few weeks, the skin around my arm experienced every weird abnormality imaginable. First it bruised up, then it filled up with puss to form a massive bump, then the skin itself became very elastic to the point where I could stretch the skin 5cm out of my arm, then it wouldn't return back to its original shape so it hung there. Flaked, scabbed over before eventually healing somewhat.

6 years on, there is still a dark patch on my arm.

mvagusta likes this.
  13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's called frostbite. Stupid! :p

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Took a turn a turn at ~50mph, I usually take it up to 60/65, but didn't realize the road was covered over with leaves and was a bit damp, rear end immediately slid out behind me and went into a 4 wheel drift, DSC tried to compensate but I had 0 traction, punched the gas as my right rear tire started slipping on the grass next to the road, rapidly approaching a very large cement power pole. Luckily the left tire was still in contact with tarmac and hit a dry area, propelling me forward.... towards an incoming car, managed to correct the angle and avoid the car, and put myself back on-course.. I went 20mph the rest of the way home >.>

mvagusta likes this.
  15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

A coworker was transporting some pallets at work. When he was going back for another pallet with the trolley i jumped up onto the forks of the trolley. Without thinking i jumped off again landing with one foot between the forks. Problem was that I was standing backwards (I was facing the opposite way that the trolley was going). I was also wearing sandals. The trolley went over my foot. My foot was just high enough of the ground for my toenail (Big toe) to catch on the edge of the trolley. This resulted in the trolley ripping my toenail halfway off.

A few days later in the same warehouse I was going to check out some boxes that was on the second pallet level. To get up I was climbing on a pallet that was leaned towards the racks. Just before climbing I said to the guy beside me: This is probably going wrong). Two seconds later I fell down of the pallet, landing with both my knees on the steel beam holding up the pallets.

I have been in a bit of pain the last couple of weeks...

16. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

I've done quite a few of the things every body else has mentioned before, the ones I can think of at the moment are:

Couple of years ago I was having problems with the brakes on my car ticking as I was driving along. So I decided to take the wheel off and check the brakes over to make sure they were ok and weren't going to fall apart on me.

I have 4 pot brembo brakes on my car and the clearance between the wheel spoke and the brake caliper is something stupid like 1mm.

Anyway i've removed the pads, cleaned every thing up, copper greased the back of the pads, checked it all over and reassembled them. I put the wheel back on and then span it to see if the ticking noise has stopped and make sure they aren't draggin on the disk.

Trouble was as I spun the wheel round my hand slipped off the wheel and ended up in between the spokes. As you can guess what happened next was not pretty.

I didn't manage to remove my hand from the spining wheel intime and my index finger on my right hand was crushed between the caliper and the wheel spoke. Blood every where! it didn't help I was at home on my own at the time so I had to do first aid on myself and phone some one up to take me to the hospital.

I had a huge dent in both sides of finger for months afterwards, it took 6 months for the nail to grow back and i've got a scar on my finger and a tiny dead patch just after the scar where the nerve was damaged.

Oh and when I was much younger my little brother and I decieded we wanted to play conkers, so we got a few conkers, went into the garage and got the drill out and I started drilling a few conkers. My younger brother asked if he could have a go and I stupidly said ok.
    So there I am holding a conker and my brothers in charge of the drill. No sooner had he started the drill it slips off the conker and starts drilling in to my hand! Now you'd think he'd stop the drill or at least lift it off my hand but oh no he keeps on drilling. Suffice to say I still won't let him use a drill some 14-15 years later.

mvagusta likes this.
  17. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I got one from last week..

Polyfiller. I got the foam pollyfiller stuck on my hands and that stuff DOES NOT COME OFF. for 1 week it has made me look like a complete utter tramp, at work, around the girlfriend, friends, family.

I have pics too if anyone is sad enough to care...I went to the hospital A&E and they said I had scrubbed it so much in an attempt to take it off, I had taken the first layer of skin off..my hands were so sore and bruised...i still have abit of the stuff left on but its only a small amount.

18. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I plugged a 12V two-pin lightbulb (ordinarily plugged into a power pack at school) into a 250V wall socket, with the bulb right by my mates face.

Needless to say, it exploded everywhere, and the electricity went for the whole science block (10 30-people labs).

That was about a year ago, I was having a bad day :duh:

No injuries for anyone though :)

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The new common mistake for me is.
    Standing on a basket till at work, with no que there, and apologising to the next customer who walks up for making them wait....

Sam

20. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Drove to the parent's house this weekend to pick up my car (was having some repairs done on it) and to give them back their car, which I had borrowed while mine was being fixed. Get back to my apartment Sunday night around 10 p.m. (a little over an hour from the parent's place) and make it to the door of my apartment building, suitcase in hand, before I realize that my house keys are still on my parent's keyring:wallbash::wallbash:

Fortunately they met me halfway, but it was 11:30 by the time I got back, and I still had to unpack everything and make it to work by 7.