1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Syndicate Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 17 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

shame... I would have loved to have played through the original Syndicate from start to finish in a modern first person perspective!

I loved the original city layouts and mission structures, especially the large city-like missions with agents dotted around and one person at the far end that needs to be "persuaded" without getting killed!

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I damn loved Syndicate on my amiga

4. Lsane

Lsane What's a Dremel?

I didn't even read the rest of the review as soon as I saw that it was an FPS. The original Syndicate was awesome. This is a huge missed opportunity.

5. Sensei

Sensei What's a Dremel?

Shame they couldnt do it using the original style. played it to death on my Amiga and would loved to have seen it relaunched.

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I have never played the original Syndicate so please forgive my ignorance but this just sounds like another generic FPS trying to cash in on a beloved IP and tainting it in the process.

7. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Syndicate was one of my fav games along with the old XCOM on PC.

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

This.

The orginal was amazing, one of Bullfrogs best imo.

Very sad to see to see it made into an FPS, at a time where that market is saturated. Would love to have seen it remade, as was, with a few innovations.

9. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

For people who never played the original then this may be half decent but for those of us who did have the pleasure of playing Syndicate first time round I think it's going to be nothing more than a let down. Would have loved to see someone update Syndicate to modern standard and retain it's play style but I guess real time strategy games aren't as big a money maker as first person shooters.

10. BrightCandle

BrightCandle What's a Dremel?

Not only did they convert it to an FPS, but a generic linear one. I have been wanting a syndicate reboot for many years, it is one of my all time favourite games. Ever since this was announced the comments have been overwhelmingly poor across the internet, yet they are determined to release a flop so that its on the consoles.

11. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Eggs Box 360 console bollocks.

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I would have loved a revamped Syndicate, but this is too different. The stark dystopian future was a major part of the feel of the original.

This is Syndicate in name only it appears :(

13. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

A corridor FPS, with a 'bright' futuristic aesthetic, that's copied Dues Ex & Mass Effect for it's gameplay ideas.

So not Syndicate, not even a "re-imagining"... just another instantly forgettable console FPS, with a classics name slapped onto it to try and disguise the fact that developers are making the same game over and over again with the slightest of variation.

Someone needs to just re-tweak the original with nicer graphics and put it out watch it outsell this Starbreeze abomination.

14. BlackavarEbor

BlackavarEbor What's a Dremel?

Hmm. I can understand people being unhappy that it's not the same gritty feel of the original strategy game, but I seem to remember that Syndicate Wars was a fair bit shinier, so it's not like Bullfrog were entirely consistent with the IP.

It's also sad to not see one positive comment about this game, and "This isn't a remake of the original" being the general feel. I'm not going to be as happy as I could be with the game if it does end up being totally linear, but ever since the first game I've wanted to play something as a Syndicate agent in first-person. I don't remember any of the FPS mods that hoped to provide the experience ever being finished.

15. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Shame its an FPS also is there the mingun and teh Guass Gun in the game? If not then shame but hey what do you expect from EA

16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I really tried to contain my frustration about this.

So, they turned a game that was really different from others in "yet another FPS"??
    First, Oblivion with guns now "Mass Effect with trench coat"...

Oooo... wait.. that's Deus Ex, wich is a really good game. But it stayed true to its origins.

Anyway, looks like just indie companies have the guts to make something different these days...

It is the "console plague"

17. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

*sigh*

nuff said.

18. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

why do they keep ****ing up good old games with this new-modern-whatever approach? just release syndicate with hi-res pack and that's it.

god i loved the original syndicate

19. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

syndicate, fallout - these games should have been released as hi-res version and otherwise untouched. bethesda destroyed everything i loved about fallout and now this. just release it under different title if you want to produce a new game, just don't try to link it to original masterpieces.

20. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Have EA ever released a good game from the Bullfrog catalogue they acquired?

Tags: Add Tags