1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Temporary name: Bloo Balls --6-29-'11 Bloo 2.0 refit COMPLETED page 47

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 3 Jun 2007.

1. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

A res made to fit a cluttered case is a filport for me. Your res seem more like I want to have the weirdest shaped piece in my loop cos I failed to have the biggest rad.

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Thanks, everyone.:D
    @Fabou - Yes. Something like that. ...Add an expansion bottle, route around GPU and drives, leave a gap for the radiator intake...
    @Exitus & Razer - It's too complex for a bong. It would be impossible to clean. :hehe:

3. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Some very nice colours going on matey, really like the copper piping touch! Just out of curiosity how much does the expense of making all your parts yourself compare to buying them in, is there much of a difference? It's somethimg I would be interested in trying myself in the future!

Awesome!

4. Cheapskate

Thanks!:D
    Depends on how you do it. Technically, this last set of blocks put me back 2.5 grand.:hehe:
    If you compare raw materials, it's much cheaper. It's also a big hassle and an even bigger gamble. I still don't know if these will fit.

5. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Those blocks turned out really great. How thick/thin is that slitting saw? Did you cut the whole depth at once or did you take small passes? I'm wondering because I'm about to do a similar block design on my project.

Keep it up :thumb:

6. Cheapskate

Thanks
    It's a 1/32" saw. It could do .1" deep with a single pass. At~4000rpm I got the feed rate up to about 1.5 IPM. The problem was I could not slow the feed rate down slow enough to plunge. That's why I found it easier to nudge it in in .001 increments. It didn't bind that way.

7. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

WOW, and WOW again! all of it! :D

8. Cheapskate

Oh, Hey LN. Didn't see you there. Thanks:D

Hi everybody. Remember me? I think the last update was in September or something...
    [​IMG]
    -I put the lower half of the radiator shroud together.
    [​IMG]
    -Here's a hint of what the rest of it should look like. I'm currently milling MDF to make a bending mold.
    [​IMG]
    -I put together a new seat for the pump that allows better wire access. It's basically a shelf mounted to one side of the frame. The LED wires in the background are impossibly tangled at this point. I have a cover for this area made, I just forgot to install it...
    [​IMG]
    -remember how the 'new' floppy drive I bought was painted on the inside? This time I bought a 'new' optical drive from CompGeeks. It came with a copy of GhettoVista.
    [​IMG]
    I slapped the CPU block together without a lot of finishing on the inside. It was screwed up anyway. If I feel the need to clean it, I will probably make a new top instead.
    [​IMG]
    -Setting up a new waterblock. I put the block in waterblock this time.:D The mounting holes on Darkenergy's AM3 waterblock SU model were perfect.:thumb:
    [​IMG]
    -Do you have any idea how stressful it is to switch on a brand new system with homemade waterblocks installed for the first time? -It's scary as hell!
    Well nothing happened. I had some trouble filling the loop with my crazy res setup. Bleeding was really tricky.
    [​IMG]
    -This one was one part success and one part failure. The CPU block somehow gets the temps below what my room thermometer reads.:eyebrow: The GPU block improves the idle temp from air, but is worse when I stress it.

----on air 80F ambient gaming stress
    cpu - 100
    gpu - 148
    hd - 84

-----on water 79F ambient gaming stress
    cpu - 85
    gpu - 149

While we're at it. I've noticed the GPU whistles when I start up a game. Is that normal? I'm really not a fan of loud ultrasonic hiss. Is it something I have to just put up with thanks to my strange dog-hearing, or is it a stressed/dying part?

Anyway, This is far from done. I still have the copper tubing to polish and install, and the top fan baffle is unfinished.

Thanks again to DangerDen.:D
    [​IMG]

9. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

:D I cannot believe this :D

nice job btw :thumb:

10. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Haha, something tells me the guys at the shop where you buy your stuff may be
    practising some recycling. :hehe:
    I think the blocks look great and the whole thing looks 'yellow submarine' era modern.
    Time to wrap this up and continue with GG? :D

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

WOW, been a while Cheaps. The blocks look fantastic.

As for the GPU whistling my old 8800GTX used to to it, only when I started STALKER though. I did a bit of research into it and found that it is quite normal. The sound either comes from an onboard speaker (like mine did) or it comes from the voltage regulators.

12. Cheapskate

Thanks, GtecAtillaboy4.:D

@Attila - Yellow Submarine... Ouch! You nailed the look perfectly. Garish and ugly!:hehe:

@boy4 - Stalker, eh? That happens to be exactly what causes it. -Do you have a way to stop it?

13. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

ok that's just not normal. probably just like you!? It looks if your GPU is bent.

result: interesting

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I couldn't find a way to stop it cheaps, just put my headphones and cranked up the volume a little bit lol. It mainly occurred during loading for me, could hardly hear it other times.

15. Cheapskate

Yeah, it is bent. The weight of the block...:hehe:
    I fixed my GPU temps by re-seating the block. I'm maxing out at 124 degrees now.:D
    @boy4 - bummer.

16. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

What do you do when your car makes weird noises? Turn up stereo! fixed.

17. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

I like your acrylic parts. It is nice to see what you do with your coins, you use them as a column. It makes fun to following your worklog.

18. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Excellent acrylic work and design Cheaps. I don't know how in the world you make blocks like that. Keep it coming...

19. Cheapskate

Oops! Thanks, guys. I didn't notice I got bumped because of all the BUSY.

Anyway, I found a few log-related pics while cleaning my camera. I thought I'd drop 'em here before I lose them...
    [​IMG]
    -I'm setting up the clamps and hoses on a mounting panel here. The only thing I did different on the panel was that I added some recessed areas on the back for velcro.
    [​IMG]
    -D'oh! This collision is because I forgot the elbow had to be nearly flush with the radiator barb.
    [​IMG]
    -and this is just not thinking the design through properly. I'll have to dremel off the ends of the clasps to get the unfinished pipes free.:duh: -There's your monthly 'oops' moment, John.:D

A lot of this project, (and others,) is brought to you with help from DangerDen.
    [​IMG]

20. xXSebaSXx

xXSebaSXx Minimodder

mmmmm!!! Copper pipe cheesecake!!! Me likey