1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division - General

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 25 Feb 2016.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I actually did all the side missions to level up. Yes they are repetitive but it gets you alot of XP. once you've done that maybe the HVT missions to get the loot.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Oh crap, I really hate grinding though games just to move on.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well tried it on the pc yesterday and this is what I found.

1080p Ultra around 100fps

1440p Ultra around 80fps

1600p cannot get that resolution working

4K Ultra 10fps

4K High 15fps

4K Medium 80fps feels like 10fps

4K Low 100fps feels like 20fps

At 1080p Ultra the game feels smooth and is quite enjoyable, but having no one on the pc to play with kind of destroys it, as my brother in law doesn't play it anymore, even though he said he would be playing it all the time, but he is addicted to Ark.

Bugs I have found, going in to collect some electronics I get teleported back to a safe house, UI is messed up and is doubling up making it hard to actually do anything like modding a weapon etc.

Change any settings within the graphics menu and the game crashes, make any changes in any of the options such as sound etc and the game crashes.

As it is, whilst it's actually running fine at 1080p and is smooth I just don't find myself wanting to play it on the pc.

4. rma

rma Minimodder

You're going to want to clear all the side missions and encounters in each zone in order to open up the HVT and S&D missions for each zone (and you want all the zones cleared to be able to access the critical missions, which give more Intel rewards).

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Okay will do.

6. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I'm still enjoying this and so glad they released a hotfix patch yesterday. The UI now appears to be fixed and the daily missions are back. I didn't experience the teleporting electronics, so can't say if that is fixed.

I was very happy with the new S&D and HVT missions that 1.2 introduced as I had got sick of going into the DZ.
    I like the idea of the DZ, but half the players in it have no other intention than going round in groups hunting other players for no reason other than they think it fun.
    I know that's what the DZ is about, but as it was the only way of getting higher rated kit I hated going in to get some. I wouldn't have minded so much if they were killing me to take my stuff but 99% of the time, they just left it where they killed me.

Now that I can farm the S&D missions and take on the HVT's it's much more fun. It's even better knowing that someone isn't going to turn round and shoot you for no reason.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Before I give up on this game as I have just made level 20 and suddenly the enemies in hoodies are all super tough and I am having to contend with three bosses instead of one. I note in my inventory that I have two new abilities but when I click and go too that section I am at a loss as to what to do next. So any help here please.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This is the most frustrating and at the same time addictive game I have played but it is now getting ridiculous. No matter how high your rank and I am 29, the enemy can kill you in a couple or so shots whilst it can take shed loads to kill them. I am at the final bit of the story (ha ha) the General Assembly and I cannot even get through the guards who can place a shot with incredible accuracy and also drop a grenade down my trousers. I have spent the last hour trying to get past these guards with well placed headshots to know avail whisl of course taking heavy damage at the same time. Ii presume the JTS soldiers are just there to make up the numbers for all the use they are?
    What is this nonsense of only 5 med kits and only finding the odd one whilst in a heavy fire fight.

This game was never meant for Single Player and is far to unbalanced, I have no doubt that I can do stuff in the menue options with abilities and the like but as usual when there is an abundance of choices i have not got a clue and tend to ignore these once I have got something in place like a turret, worse than the JTS and smart grenades that just seem to tickle the enemy.

So unless anyone has some tips this game is over for me.

9. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I have to agree with it being addictive and frustrating.
    If you are now at rank 29, your kit should be improving. You need to make sure you get a good balance of dps and toughness - skill whilst important isn't as vital.

Learning to craft is very important at the start. Buying the right blueprints and then crafting them / re-callibrating will certainly help improve your stats. Don't always accept the first items poduced when crafting a blueprint, sometimes it takes several goes to get a good weapon / kit produced.

I really know how you feel about the bullet sponge enemies - this is why it's important to get your DPS up (don't go too mad on it, you need toughness to stay alive). I usually use a Vector as my main gun and a single shot sniper as my 2nd. The single shot sniper rifle might be slow, but it has a hell of a punch. It's ideal to pick off a few enemies before having to make a dash from cover. I know it's obvious, but aim for the head. Make sure to use the skills such as explosive / flame bullets - they really help in delaying the enemies allowing you to pick them off.

What abilites are you using? I find when playing solo that the medic turret with bullet restore works very well. You can keep your health up, fire as many bullets as you like and not run out. I tend to use that in combination with the pulse - as you are on your own, it always helps to know where the enemy are.

As for a tip on General Assembly when on solo (well this is how I do it). When you come up the steps to the open area I run straight ahead as fast as I can. Run basically as far as you can, then cut across in front of the building. Run across the building and head up the gantry at the end. There will be a sniper here to take out. Keep running around the gantry until you get to the switch that turns off the turrets. After that make your way back and into the building, picking off any enemy in your way (you can ignore them all if you want). When inside the building a powerful sniper rifle will help as you can sit on the balconies picking off enemies. There's no time limit, so no need to rush it - the health/ammo turret is ideal here - although there are ammo boxes to be found but it means running off to use them. Once you get outside again, its a case of activating the turrets and giving the chopper all you can with your main weapon - keep moving as the chopper will do it's best to take you out - I like to hide underneath in the centre area - there is ammo here and you can run in and out damaging the chopper; just keep your eyes open for enemies that spawn and hunt you down.

If you do need help, feel free to invite me if you see me on. If I'm not in a mission with friends, I'll be happy to join and help you out - I can also PM you my TS details and talk you through things - I hate the ingame voip.

10. derekthetree

derekthetree What's a Dremel?

I found the game as much easier and more fun with teammates. Once you hit lvl 30 it gets easier to solo missions

11. rollo

rollo Modder

Is the Divison worth the steam sale price then?

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's worth full price, so yes.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have not crafted a thing in fact most games that haver crafting I rarely do it as it seems far to complex for little gain.
    I had no idea what 'DPS' was until I Googled, so will look at that later but I tend if I find a better bit of armour or weapon then use that.
    Did not even know there were explosives bullets and certainly not where to find them or equip them.
    I know that I have not figured out the abilities, perks side of things as there seems little explanation as to what each does.
    I have not even got as far as the steps in the General Assembly.

14. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Is anyone getting massive server queues? im on xbone.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I think new content was being released today, which is probably why.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

How do I get these, the medic turret and the bullet restore. I have looked in the meus but cannot see anything that resembles either?

Up to 30 now by doing a few more side missions.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Anyone else getting this error? Delta 20001082 caused by the update today and a fix is being worked on seemingly.

18. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I have no idea how you've played this long without using them...

Have you had a look at any of Arrekz's videos? Like this one on perks:

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Can you not just tell me?
    And lol I do not know either.

Edit: Did not know that there were actually more than the three rows of 4 perks, abilities or whatever they are called. It is all academic anyway as I cannot get back into the game since today's update has caused the above error I posted about earlier.

20. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Well I considered starting to post it all in text until I realised how many words it would be!