1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The funny things people do

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 13 Feb 2005.

1. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

well symmetry is an important thing thing of how much stuff wouldn't work if it wasn't balanced and how many designs wold look screwy with out it

Last edited: 14 Feb 2005
  2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Cold yeah, but about -20C doesnt quite bother me so long as the wind isnt at it.

3. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

God I mean I freaking have to scrub my feet everynight or I go crazy. But it has to be in my bed and does matter if I did it ten seconds before in the shower if I get in bed I have to scrub my feet. And onother is I wash in the shower from the bottom to the top. And I usualy sit in the middle, because I want my friends on either side.

4. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

you want your friends to sit either side of you in the shower?

5. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

wow what just happened here I was reading everyones joke and such about my post and then all there post just up and left and yours remaned, OH and no I was talking about when I was out of the shower and im with friends or im walking down the street. OH and I thought of another, I cant stand clicking noises if I here clicking(or something like it) I have to find the source and destroy it.

EDIT: Scrub my feet :hehe: .

6. CaseyBlackburn

for a sec i though i was going crazy and just dreamed a whole bunch of stuff and i was going to say i dont remember doing anydrugs....yet

7. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

you must get through a lot of mice...

8. CaseyBlackburn

well at least he is making a good opportunity for mice companys from going bankrupt

edit:spelling checked using my new Mozilla Firefox spell checker now i just need a grammar checker and capitalization and punctuation check

9. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

It's broken then!

10. CaseyBlackburn

i forgot to spell check after i wrote that

11. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I really don't think I'm ever going to attend a bit-meet again, someone might tiewrap me to a chair or something for not having symmetrical eyebrows or holding my coke in the "wrong hand". You are all a bunch of obsessive fruitcakes, I'm so very, very scared. :eeek:

Seriously though, I don't think I have any compulsive behaviours. Must make me the freak. :eyebrow:

12. clearshift

clearshift What's a Dremel?

Cool Thread, most of my habbits revolve around food...

• I must eat Kraft Dinner on a plate with a metal fork (unless its easymac, then its in a bowl)
    • I must eat ice cream with a plastic spoon. No metal, makes it taste bad and hurts my mouth
    • A metal for must never touch my teeth when eating = fingernails on chalkboard
    • A plastic fork can touch my teeth
    • Water and milk taste better from a glass, but can on occasion be drinkin from a plastic cup
    • Juice is fine in either plastic or glass

Other non food related habbits
    • When I hang my shirts up, all the fronts of the shirts must be facing left
    • I take my socks off as soon as I get home from school/work, can't stand wearing them

all I can think of..

13. wingnut

wingnut Minimodder

I always wash the top of any beverage can before drinking out of it.

Toilet paper has to come off the front of the roll not the back. If i'm at a friends house and it's backwards, i'll change it .

I won't use urinals anywhere, i always use the toilet .

Friends tell me i think out loud when i'm trying to figure something out.

When loading the dishwasher, the silverware has to be sorted so that all of the spoons are in one basket,forks in another etc.

I change my socks twice a day and do laundry every wednesday and saturday. After they have been worn & washed 4 times, i toss them in the trash and replace them with new socks.

Thats all i can think of but i'm sure my wife could come up with a list a mile long! :worried:

14. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

^^^

hmm

-Dishes are washed on the side of the Sink without the garbage disposal in it.

-When sitting in a love seat, always sit on the left cushion.

-Always use 2 q-tips after a shower.

All i can think of right now.

15. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Well lordy. I dunno if I should even start on my OCD.

I've actually been psychologically diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder. I don't take pills, or have massive therapy or anything, it was honestly just a curiosity visit for me.

Anyway. On with my weird habits.

-The volume thing? All the way. Same with the temperature on any thermostat.

-Everything must be arranged in a grid. You could take graphing paper and lay it on my desk, and everything would fit exactly in line.

-My body must be completely symmetrical. My right side itches? I'll itch it, then the left side, just so it feels equal. Bump on the right side of my toungue? I'll involuntarily gnaw at the other side until it's equal.

-Organization. Period. If my house isn't organized, I'll honestly drop everything, empty the every room out, and completely reorganize. Wire management is crazy in my house. EVERYTHING is sleeved, loomed, zip-tied, and tucked away.

-Wallet: Back left side. Phone: Front right side. Keys: Front left side.

-I'm constantly fiddling with my monitors, making sure there are no spots, and that they are both perfectly angled.

-Gaim and WinAmp? Don't wanna see the highlight for selection. I have to scroll up in the playlist, click something, and scroll back down, just so I don't see that highlight bar. Same in Gaim with contacts.

-Everything has to be clean, 24/7. We're having our basement finished right now, and they're in the plastering/sanding stage. Can't seem to win in the fight with the dust. It's driving me absolutely insane.

-Painted the walls this weekend. THAT was a nightmare. I drove me absolutely nutty seeing the white showing through and such. I know that I would (and did) go back over it and fix it in the second and third coats, but it still drove me crazy.

-Same thing like RTT said about the eggs, but with everything. Must be perfectly symmetrical.

-Of course, no cracks in sidewalks. This is a huuge no-no. Tile doesn't bother me, though I'll always try to stay on one tile over two...

-Dirty floors, like locker room floors. Wow... The grime you feel under your feet? I go crazy...

-When I do things, everything must be done twice before being completed. If I'm answering the phone, I'll pick it up, set it down, pick it up, set it down, pick it up, answer it. Opening doors is the same. Turning on monitors, too (I've always worried this isn't good for them...). I've trained myself out of doing this to the computer, but I used to...

There are more, but this gives you a general idea. I dunno if this is a good or bad thing in my life yet...I guess we'll see if it drives me to the point of utter insanity or not :hehe:.

16. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Not too many here...

If I'm typing, and I make a mistake (even in a WPM test) I have to go back and fix it before I finish.
    If a bike, computer, or other electronic thing enters my viewing range, I HAVE to do at least two of three things with it: touch it, play with it, or take it apart and rebuild it with my own parts.
    When I come home after a long day at school/work, I have to get naked, otherwise my skin crawls. With the exception of course, that if I've got a non-potential bed-mate with me, IE: somebody of the same sex, I'll keep my clothing on.
    If I am given a bike, or somebody I know is given a bike, it will never feel right until I take it absolutely and completely apart, and rebuild it. It'll feel so wrong in-fact that I will refuse to ride it.
    I can't cook without shed loads of spices.
    I won't eat off anything that has even the slightest spot on it when I do not know where that spot came from.
    If somebody in front of me is walking normally, I will actually get very angry for no apparent reason, and speed-walk past them (when I walk, I walk very fast).
    If there is no music playing, and I am alone, I go absolutely batty until some form of audible rhythm begins to play.
    If somebody passes me while I am riding, I will purposefully follow them for as long as it takes, usually rubbing my front tire on their back a few times to let them know I'm there, and then whip around in front of them, and attempt to run them off the road. Then, out of spite, race away as fast as possible. I've done this on cruisers, low-riders, BMX's, everything - it just annoys me so badly.

And finally, one that I can not for the life of me make an exception to:
    If I'm riding/walking/traveling with people, I CAN NOT be in front of them. If they try to get behind me, I literally will drop whatever I'm doing (even in the middle of traffic) and wait for them to get going again.

17. dom_

dom_ --->

so you like to overtake people, yet you cant be infront... what are you? a perpetual motion machine?

18. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Hmmm,

Ok I got a few "small" ones. Not that much twisted habbits ;) lol.

- I always put my clock to go off on a even number. And I only get up at an even number too.
    - I love clock-times like : 11:11 ; 21:12 ; 12:21; 22:22 ; 04:40. Just like the symmetry in them.
    - I will aswell put the radio volume in a multiple of 5. If somebody else has driven the car and changed the volume, I will change it back to a multiple of 5
    - Drinking water non-bottle water, will require filling up, emptying and filling up again before drinking.
    - I always need my phone with me.. without it I feel uncomfortable.

- I always keep my keys in my jacket right pocket.
    - My papers (drivers license, etc) in the inside left pocket.
    - I keep my money in the small pocket on the front right ("Inside" the normal right front pocket). I don't buy pants wich don't have a pocket there.
    - I always keep my phone in the front right. Except if I have my iPod with me, then it goes in the front left. And my Ipod goes in the front right, with the remote sticked to the small pocket.

thats about it I guess. Nothing tooooo weird. And I don't go nuts when something is out of order. But I will change it to the way I like if I can. (stuff in pocket)

Cool thread ! :thumb:

L

found another one:
    - I have to drink milk out of a cup (like a coffee cup). It can't be in anything glass, or it will taste bad and then there is a possibility that I will poor away the whole bottle of milk. If there are no cups left, I won't drink milk. Same for orange juice, but that HAS to be in a glass cup. Never drink out of plastic.

19. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Weirdos

-Wallet in front left jeans, Phone inside Jacket, keys in jacket pocket.
    -Not supersticious, but will salute single magpies.
    -Right sock, Left Sock, Right Shoe, Left Shoe.
    -Never, ever late.. to the point of being too early. If I'm late (or if anyone else is late) even by a minute, it really annoys me.
    -Cannot talk on phone without walking about.
    -My windscreen HAS to be clean, all the time.

I'm sure there's loads of others but they're the only ones which spring to mind at the moment.

20. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I hope you never get you license.

My OCD is only mild and under control.......ish.

* I can't sleep at night if I have the slightest doubt that the house is unsecure. I will get out of bed and check the doors. More than once if I can't 100% certain say to myself I checked it.
    * Visual inspection will not do to see if the door is locked. I can see the lock in the locked (vertical) position and the bolt slid across, yet I have to "shake hands" with the knob to see if it really is locked.
    * Battery labels like everyone else.
    * Glass must be rinsed before I use it. Even if it was clean before. Even if the only thing I drank out of it last was water out of the same tap I'm washing it with. Even if I only just drank out of it.
    * Alarm must never be set to an "odd" time. Always multiples of 15 (preferably 30).
    * Windows on computer MUST always be maximized. Even if the viewable content does not come anywhere near the edges.
    * I must sit in the middle of any viewable screen. I have MY chair in front of the TV.
    * If I go to the movies, I go extra early to make sure I'm at the front of the cue to make sure I get the EXACT middle seat (front to back and left to right). I use lines in the ceiling and lighting/AC fixtures to triangulate my position.
    * Phone goes on right hip. I actually lost my phone for 10 mins once and went crazy until I realized I had accidentally put it on my left hip by mistake.
    * Wallet in front-right pocket. Keys in front-left to balance. Wallet never goes in back pockets.
    * I constantly "check" to make sure I have everything. I touch my keys,wallet and phone about every 15-30 minutes to make sure they are still in my pockets/on my belt.
    * I'm right handed yet I have to eat with knife in left hand, fork in right.
    * Phone must always be held to right ear, telephone headset at work must always be in left ear.

I have more but will stop here for now.

Geez. I never knew I had such a problem.