1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant To the people who can't spare 5-30 seconds

Discussion in 'General' started by Thacrudd, 28 Aug 2008.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That was a favourite exercise of mine when I used to go shopping in a store :D

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I agree with all points. As far as I'm concerned it is a matter of common decency.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I read the title and though you were a disgruntled Chugger was about to give you a serious taking too. But alas no your points are all very true, i bloody hate lazy people, and the scratches and dings in my car will attest to the damage the laziness of the likes of major causes when doubled with a lazy ass supermarket like asda (the one round here has few/no trolley people.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

...#3 stems from englishmen designing their roads for 2 horses width and then letting cars run on them :D

5. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

I really couldn't agree more.

In fact, a couple of days ago, we pulled up to the car park at Tesco (A large supermarket chain to any non-brits), to see a spot that was free, and right by the door. A woman was packing everything into her car from her trolley, and was nearly done, so I waited patiently.

Once she had finished, however, she just got in her car, and left the trolley in the space I was about to pull into - knowing full well I was there and about to use it. I wound down the window, and asked her to move it. The response I got?

"Oh, for god's sake! I'm way too busy! Move it yourself!"

I could have punched her right in the mouth.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i HATE people that throw garbage to the pavement when there is a garbage bin every 100 meters and there is one 2 meters in front of him/her!!!!

i HATE people that put non separated trash (or put the wrong stuff in the wrong bin) inside community recycling bins!!!!!

i consider these people parasites!!!

7. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

QFT

There's little that winds me up more than people who don't properly recycle as much as they can. They've started a scheme near us where they've halved the number of rubbish collections, so people are encouraged to recycle more, and waste less. It's done wonders... yet so many nearby residents have complained because "Oh, it's terrible... this way I have to put my cans in a DIFFERENT bin! Or maybe not buy the 8 serving chocolate cake for just one person! Oh woe is me".

8. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Yes, there are heavy hines for littering here. Just the other day I got pulled over because I didn't have a net over the trash bags in my truck in case one of them blew out. Then again, I live right in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park so littering is a big no-no here.

I think I may have worded #4 wrong, I'm talking about when people play a balancing act on a clearly way over filled trash can instead of taking it to the next empty one. Although what you all are saying is also true, why just set it on the ground when there's a trash can right in front of them.

9. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

My pet peeve is coworkers who leave the community dishes in the sink after lunch. I have washed my dishes before and after use every time for about a year and a half now. Please. There's one of those combined sponge/soap reservoir things right there. It takes twenty seconds or less to scrub your plate and throw it in the drainer. I don't want to have to deal with your encrusted mac and cheese.

I know exactly who's doing it, too... There have been multiple signs, office-wide emails, and verbal warnings, yet it continues because the culprit is a personal friend of the manager. Grr. Any good ideas for revenge?

10. dom_

dom_ --->

Wipe nasty things on the plates and make sure everyone knows not to use it except the idiot?

11. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

urinate in the boss's cup. Get his friend to offer it to him after telling him its a cup of lucozade lol I guarantee everything would be washed there after :)

*warning THIS IS SARCASM NOT A SERIOUS SUGGESTION*

though it would be funny

12. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

can i add ***/smoke filter ends to that list ?
    i clean a car park for a food place and the amount of dog ends i see on the floor is a disgrace there is even a no smokeing signs all over the place, also there is some guy who thinks the carpark floor is a good place to empty there car ash tray !, fyi i hate sundays !

Last edited: 29 Aug 2008
  13. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

oo, put the plate back on there desk why they are not at there desk ?

14. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Sounds like a good way to get yourself hated at work.

15. MShort

MShort putting the "i" in team

Something I can't stand is when there's a line and a new cash register (till right?) opens up and its the next-person-in-line's right to go, nope people don't have the decently and are in such a rush to have the people waiting the longest to go. So they just cut in front of you, it happens to me constantly in WaWa (7-11ish) because the registers aren't in a line but around a central square.

16. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Waite, when did the people that want to go slow on one lane roads start getting out of peoples way! This must be in the Uk or some place where people actually know how to drive!

17. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

People in the UK know how to drive?! What area of the UK, this new-found heaven, this divine place, are you talking about?! ;)

It is my understanding that people in the UK drive equally **** as all other arseholes in the world. i.e. it's "me me me" and if I hit your car I'm going to yell at you and threaten you and possibly throw my coffee cup - which I was refilling from my thermos when I drove into you - at you, even though it's all my fault; because it cannot be my fault, for I am me and you are not me therefore you are in the wrong".

This would be the Khensu way of explaining why people suck. And not just at driving.

On a serious note, I never - never! - heard as many horns as I have in the UK. It must be the roundabouts or something, which seem to confuse people. ****, is it that hard? If you're going left or straight on, you take the outside lane. If you're going right or turning around, you take the inside lane. If you want to join the roundabout, you wait your goddamned turn.
    Apparently, people have an issue with this system. Apparently, people have an issue with a lot of things when they can't have it one million percent their way. Apparently, people suck hairy, sweaty balls and I hate all of you.

But I digress.

Back to my original point: don't keep your hopes up - people in the UK suck as much at driving as in the US or pretty much any other country that is built on fake hopes/dreams and the ideal of "achievement", which of course can never be reached. Goddamnit, I'm going to stop talking (ranting) now.

[edit]
    To be at least slightly on-topic:

I hate people who don't return their shopping carts - mainly because that £1 they lose tends to come from my tax money and was supposed to pay for their scruffy little sprog's clothes, not a trolley.

I agree with everything else you said.

Common sense, common decency and - my personal favourite - behaving in public seem to have died a long, long time ago. It's gotten so bad that I even feel like an idiot for doing things (moving out of the way on the footpath for the elderly, nodding my head, letting someone with two items ahead of my in the queue so they don't have to wait until the cashier has run up my gazillon weekly-shop items, etc) which I would normally consider, well, normal. Hmn.

It really feels like that if you want to fit in with society nowadays you have to be a completely selfish, egotistic *****; yell at other people; try to jab babies with HIV-infested needles and punch a pensioner in the face on a daily basis or you're just weird.

Thankfully, I still don't mind being a tad weird - most of the time. Hell, I even move to the side of the road when a vehicle from the emergency services is approaching! I'm a ****ing saint in this country!

Last edited: 30 Aug 2008
  18. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I'm going to have to disagree with that one.

There are plenty of aresholes on the road, I'll give you that - but you should try driving in poorer parts of the world (i.e. not Europe or the US). I recently drove through the Ukraine, Russia and Kazakhstan (I drove from London to Mongolia) and it really is an eye opener - people drive according to how large their wallet is (usually shown by how large their car is). As long as you can pay the police off, you can do whatever you want.

Undertaking, overtaking, forcing people off the road - its all commonplace. City driving is horrendous too - everyone is out to gain another CM on everybody else.

19. Major

Major Guest

No, because that would deserve a punch in the face.

Oh yeah totally, Egypt is nuts to drive in, I think If I drove here I'd ram a few people everyday.

20. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

People who don't pass in the passing lane.. a thousand years of pain for them all!

Tags: