1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Took my chieftec apart last night

Discussion in 'Modding' started by fieroloki, 19 Aug 2004.

1. fieroloki

fieroloki What's a Dremel?

Damn. Think they put in enough rivits? Anywho, getting it stripped down and ready to goto the powder coater. Guess you all want me to take pics as I go along huh? ;)

Also, what would be a good way to re attach the top and bottom panels? Go back with rivits? If so, off the top of your head do you know what size they are?

2. Whisp[TR]

Whisp[TR] What's a Dremel?

I use 1/8" 3mm rivets.

[​IMG]

3. fieroloki

Cool, guess im off to go buy a rivit gun now. :) Thanks

4. Whisp[TR]

np man.

btw

this is the rivet gun i use. its cheap and works great and snaps off the ends nice and clean.

[​IMG]

5. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

If you get a tap, you can thread the holes and use screws. In case you ever want to take the top off with out drilling out the rivets.

6. Nova Kain

Nova Kain What's a Dremel?

Aye, Rivets look cleaner than screws but are quite a pain to remove. You can get good looking bolts with short necks if you want to go that route also.

7. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Heh, I just bought a rivet gun that looks almost identicle to that for $2.50 at Marc's earlier this week. It has four different sized tips, 1/8, 3/16, 3/32 and one other. It also came with 20 rivets for each size! Was under the name "Champion Tools", just like all of Marc's other super cheap tools. Some suck, but the rivet gun is pretty solid.

Also, rivets really aren't hard to remove. Especially aluminum rivets, steel takes quite a bit longer to drill through. They're also more permanent and hold better.

8. Whisp[TR]

yeah case rivets are easy. Just use a low rpm and let the drilll bit do the work and use a 1/8th cobalt drill bit.

9. fieroloki

Not worried about taking it apart all the time.. Just wondering best route to take TO put it back together. I had the thing stripped in like 2 minutes so im not worried if I have to. Thanks agian.