1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Uh oh.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Dad, 13 Aug 2003.

1. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Well at least you got the loan, so I hope you find the car of your dreams soon :cooldude:
    455ci, what is that in ccm or liters?

2. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

455ci is about 7.5l or so ;)

455ci engine ... (single 4bbl rochester carb)
    ~360hp with the stock intake @ 4600rpm
    ~510ft-lbs torque @ 2800rpm
    ~3600lbs

Should do 13's in a standing quarter mile out of the box. However, with my planned mods (high-rise manafold with dual 4bbl Roch's, oversize cams and higher compression) should bring it up to nearly 600hp and put the car into the low 9's. :D Vroom vroom!

I just can't wait untill I get next to these little punks at a red light with their "suped up" Hondas! :rock:

Last edited: 20 Aug 2003
  3. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

4. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Bury the RPM & Speed needle in the right and the fuel in the left baby! :) lol

5. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

:lol: But just imagine the fun!!

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

definitely need to show those rice-burners who's boss

nothing is more fun than good old american muscle
    i had the good fortune of being in the presence of a 427 Stingray once, ooooooohhhhhhhhh :baby:

7. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

Well dad, I would post pics but you really don't want to see them right now. The car has been sitting outside for the last 2 years. We bought the car for $500 and when we sat down last night, we estimated about $7000 in repair work and 2 years of spare time to get it back to looking good. Ill keep you guys updated though.

btw...what would you say to this car at the track, Dad?
    [​IMG]

I saw him do a 9.08sec quarter mile at 158mph. :jawdrop:

8. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Lets see it! I love cars like that, gets the gear-head in me all reved up! To be perfectly honest, I would much rather have an old car that needed restoration than one that was near completion. My problem is that I don't have any place that I can do that kind of work on a car. I don't have a garage at my place and I can't keep an unregistered car on my property because of zoning laws or something stupid like that. When I get my Goat, I'm going to have to buy a portable garage or rent a storage bay to store it in when the weather is bad.

Nice, but not my style ;) The biggest problem is that it's a front wheel drive car. I would race him when my car is finished :D Remember, I'm shooting for low 9's myself!

You've just GOT to love the sound they make :rock: Never drove a 427 Stingray, but an old boss of mine had a '68 with a 350ci that he let me drive a few times :thumb:

9. Mister_Tad

im hoping to be able to get a classic american car when i move back to the states in a coule years.
    im in the states for the summer and ive been looking around a bit and a had a peek at a chevelle with a 396 big block and a nice fastback mustang, but what i really want is a '71 hemi cuda :baby:

pity i wont be ably to come up with the $1/2 mil or so for one in original condition :duh:

10. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

I'd guess if he's doing 9's in the 1/4 that he's got an AWD talon there. I like the stock look he's retained, I really don't care for alot of what people do to their cars....

11. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

DUDE! Your gettin a Goat!!!!!

/drooling......

Me wants ... That car is what cars should be! screw luxury nothing like cruising in a beast and man Those engines the power. Compared to the rice burners today...

/end drooling

Hey are you gonna supe it up at all are just leave it all stock.? I assume supe if ur looking for the 9's. good luck with it:thumb:

12. K

K 528491

13. Mister_Tad

haha, i like teh 'tasteful' flag on the roof

14. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Exactly why I want one! Problem I'm running into is that the one I want is kind of rare ('71 w/ Judge package) and are either fully restored and expensive as hell or shot beyond repair.

The body will remain stock. However, if I am able to land one of these beauties, I plan on the following modifications...

- Replace stock seats with a set of Recaro seats
    - The obligitory aftermarket gague package
    - Replace intake manafold with Edelbrock P-65 Daul-Quad dual 4bbl intake
    - Replace cams with Edelbrock Torker-Plus cams & lifters
    - Install 2 Edelbrock Thunder AVS 4bbl carbs (notice a theme here?)
    - Install Moroso ProCoil HEI ignition
    - Replace rear-end with 12-bolt Richmond 3.90
    - Replace tranny with Muncie 4-speed M-21

Again, I'm shooting for low 9's, so with the weight of the car being around 3600lbs, I need to get the engine up to at least 550hp.

This will obviously take me quite some time to do as the tranny alone will be around $2k. However, when it's finished, I plan on taking it to shows and am toying with the idea of dragging it.

Oh, and yes, I will do all these mods myself and plan on involving my kids as much as they want to.

15. penski

penski BodMod

How about a weight loss programme for it? :)

So everything you can to get the weight down - I've even seen guys drill the middle of bolts out to lose the last few grams.

Polycarbonate windows.
    Remove unnecessary interior panels (headlining, door panels...)
    Take a drill with a hole cutter to the inside of the doors - remove as much as you can.

Unless you're going for the 'stock' look of course...

*n

16. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I thought about doing the weight loss thing once, but I do want to keep it a stock look. Remember, I want to show it and see if I can win a trophy or two, plus I want it to be relatively comfortable to go cruising ;)

I do like the idea of polycarbonate windows though. I'll have to look into that...

17. jon bda

jon bda What's a Dremel?

18. banished

banished Necromodder

Also my fav car. Though the one I found is a '70 and not nearly as expensive as all that:

http://www.cars-on-line.com/70cuda12744.html
    http://www.cars-on-line.com/70cuda6772.html
    http://www.cars-on-line.com/70cuda8991.html

19. Mister_Tad

i think $110k still stretches the budget a bit :D

20. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Dude Dad will you adopt me =P I would love to be in that thing. My friends has a 1968 SuperBee with a 383 Magnum in it. I would love to get it running. Its got 2 engines it just needs alot of work and time. But its definintely fixable!:thumb: People come by and Offer like 10k for it even though its in horrible condition right now. But good thing is there is not rust on the body. so its look realatively nicel.

Tags: