1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I have been seeing the commercials for this game on TV and it looks great, I get like an Indiana Jones / Far Cry vibe from this game, certainly plan to pick this game up for sure.

3. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

i want this game, except for pc. the commercial makes the game look sick, and the commercial is kind of funny too

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

The TV spots don't do the game justice.

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

The game looks beautiful and is a good example of what next gen consoles are capable of, and apart from the fact that you are forced along a specific route (which, let's face it, is something the Tomb Raider & Prince of Persia games all suffered from too) is actually a fun game to play.

There are a few really annoying bits in the game though, which make you throw the controller away after you've died in exactly the same place for the umpteenth time. But it's still got enough going for it that you will come back and carry on playing after a while.

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

you can't just substitute big boobie lara by some guy... thats just plain wrong! btw, can some one tell me how the croft manor is in tomb raider anniversary? its always the best part of the game!

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Played the demo and I loved it.

If I owned a PS3, I would be sure to get this for $40-45 (not $60) due to replayability not really being there 100%, but the pace of the game is great, and I feel the climbing/jumping is pretty balanced w/ the shooting (I mean c'mon, we can't have a fun game w/o constant bloodshed, can we?).

The water effects are amazing, body movement is fluid, and the fact that there aren't loading screens really shows off how well-tuned the game engine runs.

Hats off to Naughty Dog.

8. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

To be honest the only reason this looks like fun to me is because it now seems to be illegal to release any game for the PC which is not a first-person shooter.

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

or an RTS/MMORPG.......

10. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

ps3 dot dot dot :)

11. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I completed it last night. By the end the fighting is definitely getting repetitive. The last level is just a case of dying over and over again until you figure out the tactic, and then its stupidly easy. Everything before that though was ace. It felt like a mix between Lara Croft and Far Cry. I thought the characters were ace and one of the main drives for pushing forwards in the game. Their fate made you want to carry on. I did think the wretch like things were an odd choice. There wasn't any real build up to that point. They just sort of happened. At least they were easy to get rid of.

Oh, and if they ever made a film. Nathan Fillion (Mal from firefly) would be a perfect drake. Or perhaps Joe Flanigan (Sheppard from Stargate Atlantis).

12. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i agree damm exclusives, half tempted to rent a ps3 for a couple of days to give it ago

13. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Funy that on the first pic of the preview i thought about a lara croft rippoff..

14. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Looks very good, I'm almost tempted to buy a PS3 and if this is typical of the kind of games that this platform has I just might - god, I almost feel dirty for saying that!

15. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

Considering that Drakes has allot of vegetation how does the graphics quality compare to Crysis on the vegetation front.

16. Ownzyouall

Ownzyouall What's a Dremel?

I've seen a ton of commercials on this new game, somehow it reminds me of the new farcry. Anyone else think so? I got a feelin someone is gonna get booked.

17. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'm not sure if this game can be considered 'new' anymore.

Tags: Add Tags