1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve, EA will not support PS3 Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

Gabe is not sony's biggest fan!!! I wonder what happened to piss him off so???

3. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Wow, another case where EA totally bones the customers...
    I mean, you can't really blame Valve for it, can you?

4. CardJoe

Well, he did leave Microsoft to found Valve. I guess he still has friends there.

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

so the 360 is getting all or at least some of the updates the PC got at some stage is it??

6. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

EA's track record for supporting games (on any platform) is a slap in the face to the people who buy their products. They are appalling. Just bear that in mind when you pick up the next EA published game.

The above means that the 360/PC versions of the orange box will continue to receive updates and fixes, plus possibly enhancements to games like TF2, whilst PS3 owners are left to rot. Thanks EA for that... really appreciated. Another reason not to buy your games (as if I didnt have enough already with your stance on DRM)

Ive never forgiven EA for their appalling track record in BF2/2142 patches and their treatment of DICE, so I wont be buying any more of their crud.

7. CardJoe

Yes. I think Valve are going to release the whole lot when they've got it all done on the PC.

8. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't hold my breath x360 owners we all know valve time it could 2015 before they finish the updates.

For a few weeks EA had nothing but good PR and seemed to be on the right track but they've just gone and done what was expected of them leopards and spots....

9. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

EA have done their dash with Spore. It's the most hyped hunk of **** game I've ever played. Never again will I buy an EA title, ever. Their lack of support for TF2 a friggin AWESOME title, really doesn't surprise me. EA is a company for corporate fatcats to pimp innocent decent game ideas into the village bicycle that everyone seems to ride, and hate.

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Let them all rot, hahaha consoles su...
    ...Ok I know when to stop, I will stop my console rants forever and beyond.

Valve just doesn't have or wont want to invest in PS3 resources. Why should they, its the only company I know that does not complain about PC gamers being all pirates. Hell I bet the PC Valve fan/gamer is the most trustful companion Valve has. I do not care what they come up with next, I will buy it without even seeing it or blinking my eyes.

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

is this anything to do with the fact that HL2 ran terribly on the PS3? I mean they use the same engine don't they? A multiplayer game that lags like a bitch won't sell well on the pc

12. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

I have Orange Box on the PC, but this dos suck for PS3 owners. Though I would not buy a PS3 for it's online play. The 360 has the advantage of a much larger community and support.

Honestly I want some cross platform support. I would love to be able to play my Live buddies from my PC.

13. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Cross-platform gaming would be good. So I agree with this. :) (Although cue lots of console gamers complaining that the PC gamers are cheating by using a keyboard and mouse...)

14. rollo

rollo Modder

tf2 was never that good in the first place. Its still masssivly out played by Counter strike

15. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Yeah, it'd be a complete massacre, so console players wouldn't bother

16. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Nah, the devs would just release a patch for the console version that meant if you fired a shot within about 20ft. of a PC gamer, it was a headshot. :hehe:

17. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I have the PC version.. I'd never want to play this on a console. Kudos to Valve for not bothering too much with porting things left and right.

18. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii all have USB. Valve (and any other dev) can easily add support for a keyboard and mouse in their games. There is no reason to not have cross platform support.

19. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Nothing will ever have the chance again to go from cs_mansion to what CS achieved - consoles are where the people that fed the rise of CS go now...

20. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Here's my question...

If Valve knew they wern't going to support the PS3, why did they allow the game to be ported for it? Surely Valve has some say on how their IP is used. If they allowed the game to be released on the PS3 knowing it was never going to be supported, how is that different from EA releasing games and then never supporting them?

I like and support Valve, but I'm not sure they're as blameless in all this as people make them out to be.

You mean screaming 14 year old asshat fanbois? Consoles are a good place for them.

Tags: Add Tags