1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve launches Steam Discovery Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 Sep 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

1300 new titles added in the last nine months... hmm are we sure they are all new ? there certainly has been a lot of complete rubbish, half finished games and old titles released over the last year since steam stopped giving a damn about standards.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

i think while i appreciate the update most of the titles they are adding are indie games which are more like mobile games that are fun for 5 mins. I know there are a few awesome indie games out there but most fall in to the latter category.

the rest seem to be early access games the one that annoyed me recently was the galactic civ III one which when released was in alpha and isnt due to be released until summer next year !!!!

or as above re-releaes of old titles with nothing more than compatibility patches

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Steam Discovery Update is Valve's response to the impressive growth of the platform that has seen 1,300 new titles added in the last nine months - the growth was impressive in the same way that a carcinoma's growth is impressive, you watch it with a mix of fascination and horror and wonder if anyone's found a way to stop it yet. Apparently Steam are resorting to user controlled scalpels, although I would much prefer they went all the way and started black listing publishers and removing games.