1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Warhammer 40K: Space Marine system requirements

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

looks decent, too much coming out around it though, if it had come out in the dry patch we're having would have stood a much better chance

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I like the fact that it uses steam. People seem to be really embracing that right now for non valve games.
    Steam has turned out to be a really good system and I enjoy using it(and all the discounts you get on games)

4. Xir

Xir Modder

If it doesn't require that you tinker together an army of plastic puppets for a week or two, it's not Warhammer :D

Naah, kidding. We'll see how it turns out.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Need to know how the mechanics of this game will work. Sounds boring I know, but I'm not looking for a Gears clone. Otherwise I may get this on console as it looks more like a console game than a PC game to me...And maybe I've been out of PC gaming too long but 30GB HDD space!? What?!

6. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Where do you see 30GB? I see 20GB, of which it uses 10GB (because you need to have 10GB free after the install). 10GB is a fair amount, but not that much in the era of terabyte drives. It would eat up a good chunk of a small SSD though :)

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

There are a tonne of youtube video's showing the mechanics of the game chap.

I really am looking forwards to this :) Time to rev the chainsword and purge the Xeno's! I think Phalanx and I are going to be abscent for around... a week when this is released? Maybe Litharel aswell...

8. Gigglebyte

Gigglebyte :3

Steam is a good system, no matter what bad publicity EA and others try to give it. I wonder how long it will take EA to put their titles back on Steam instead of trying to keep them exclusive to their online store.

9. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I cant wait to sit down and start screaming at the screen "FOR THE EMPEROR!"

10. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Can someone copy/post the specs from the article for me into this thread as i am at work till 2000hrs, PC at work wont allow me into the gaming section of this site due to "gaming" being in the title of the link...

11. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Minimum Specs:
    OS – Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7
    Processor – 2.0Ghz Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or AMD X2 or better)
    RAM – 1GB (XP), 2GB (Vista), 2GB (Windows 7)
    Hard Drive – 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)
    Video Card – 256MB Video Card using Shader Model 3 (Performance equivalent to an AMD Radeon 3850 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT)
    Online - Steam account

Recommended Specs:
    OS – Windows 7
    Processor – Any Quad-core AMD or Intel Processor
    RAM – 1GB (XP), 2GB (Vista), 2GB (Windows 7)
    Hard Drive – 20 GB space free (10 GB free after install)
    Video Card – 512MB Video Card using Shader Model 3 (Performance equivalent to an AMD Radeon 5750 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260)
    Online - Steam account

My workplace isn't so tight...yet ;)

12. the-beast

the-beast What's a Dremel?

"Online - Steam account" - Boo, another DRM infested game :(

13. Scarlet0pimp

Scarlet0pimp What's a Dremel?

Steam is great though. :)

14. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

That it is - if you have unlimited broadband deals like in the UK, moving home to new zealand soon and they still charge by the gigabyte out there our main company allows you to still buy bulk monthly deals which is 1/5/10/40 gigabytes packages but they do charge if you go over youR monthly limit as well, alot of countries still have not moved to unlimited monthly deals..so anything that requires constant connection or a large download like a game via steam or even online gameplay can eat into your monthly useage...take a 8 gig game when you only have a 40gig monthly limit for example via steam...

DRM is a example of having to have a constant link eating into peoples monthly useage abeit only kb it still adds up.

For that privilage of that "massive 40gig allowance", including landline calls they want just over £40/45 a month lol people say the UK is expensive...

http://www.telecom.co.nz/totalhome

At present re-installing all my steam games here in the uk while i can but will be giving steam up re purchases of new games soon..and going back to cd rom for the main installation.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2011
  15. Hakuren

Hakuren What's a Dremel?

Any game which do require permanent online link is DEAD for me. No matter how good the Game is. And Steam. Grr... Tricked once with Supreme Commander2 and never again, and I do have unlimited broadband. Steam is [censored]! I do not work for EA. Just after one game I'm completely cured [for life] from Steam.

16. Scarlet0pimp

Scarlet0pimp What's a Dremel?

Can do steam in offline mode to though Hakuren, why is it gash as you say? I dont under stand steam haters, it always works for me and i like having all my games in the same place and can talk to my friends using steam chat and in games that support it can join friends games with 1 click. Obviously I understand why people dont like it when they are on restricted internet connections.

17. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Steam haters are usually just uneducated and don't know about OFFLINE mode, or they're talking about an online game that can't be played without a constant connection anyway so then Steam changes nothing. I still don't see the issue, Steam is just so convenient...
    Anyways.
    I preordered this right after watching the trailers and seeing the insane gore. I like the feel of the Warhammer 40k "multiverse" but I'm really not a fan of their strategy mechanics so I jumped on it.

18. karsh

karsh What's a Dremel?

Another Warhammer Game... wish they would come up with a new Homeworld game instead, since they own the IP again.

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm not entirely savvy on Space Marine's launch, but being a Steamworks game doesn't exactly mean that you have to buy it on Steam. There will likely be a box version where can install by disc, it just requires Steam to activate and play online. Updates will likley have to be downloaded via Steam, but then you'd have to download updates even without Steam so it's a moot point.

You activate online at once, something which is not at all exclusive to Steam, and can play offline after that. You only need an "online link" when playing online but then that's kind of required to be playing online in the first place. :hehe:

20. Xir

Xir Modder

Same here :waah:

Tags: Add Tags