1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

:jawdrop:

2. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Just read about this. :eeek:
    They're either very desperate for cash, or just stupid.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Initial Diagnosis is in from the Garage; It's related to cam shaft or followers - The 1.9 TDI In my car is an Interference engine, I'm pretty sure the noise I heard was the piston happy slapping the Valve to death, potentially even shattering bits off any scattering those around the walls.

Oooh, it's going to be an expensive weekend.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Both I would say. A while back they started putting obnoxious amounts of ads on their site, and then telling you that you could get rid of them for cash. I couldn't be bothered, so I just installed Ublock Origin and Adblock plus. You still got a couple of ads, and the site slowed down, but it was still usable.

As I type this I just tried to download the only album on 5 accounts that Ic are about and it's bombed at about 6mb. Oh joy.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Probs a little from column a and a smidge of column b.
    Either way they've killed thousands upon thousands of build threads across the interweb by applying it retrospectively and holding peoples images ransom

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My middle daughter has Atopic Eczema. So i've got three types of cream and a soap replacement. Trying to put an oily, medicinal smelling cream on a little person with Autism is exactly as fun as it sounds.

7. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Lightbulb moment, our builder came around and installed two alarms one kept going off so we thought it was faulty, disconnected it and contacted the landlady which didn't do crap, weeks later we smelt the gas leak ourselves (from constant headaches, feeling unwell) it never freaking clicked to us that perhaps when he installed the damn thing it was detecting the actual the gas leak and not faulty, i've just plugged it back in and its absolutely fine. (absolute idiots!) pfftt

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I am a regular on a U.S based BMX website (the biggest on the net) and the owner is still running an old forum that does not support anything but Photobucket. It's chaos there ATM. All of the sale threads are showing a speedo.

Earlier on I found out you can download albums. Thankfully I did not get the $399 ransom note but man, it took me two hours to download 160mb worth of photos. It continually kept stopping and failing, before it finally chugged down at around 200k per sec. A far cry from the 9mb I can pull from Steam.

I went to my other account and set that up to download also. 380mb. Nothing "valuable" on there though all computer pics etc. It failed about six times before I gave up.

I think when it comes to dick moves on the internet this is about the biggest internet dick move ever. In all of the time I have been on the net..

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Van has died of French Electrics-itis...

*many expletives here*

10. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

[​IMG]

This should help your Dilemma, RedFlames

RedFlames likes this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That's a nice collection of "fine adjusters" :p

RedFlames likes this.
  12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Already tried that...

13. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Nothing.....everything is good...except for the nightmare I had last night, it was so vivid, there was a nuclear war happening! Scared the poop out of me o_Oworst part was I could not wake up wow!:(:confused:

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The irony is that you can get a 500GB bandwidth VPS for $2.5/month, 1TB for $5/month etc. A $399/year would give you a pretty beefy VPS with 3-4TB transfers per month. And unless they are gigantic pictures posted somewhere with high viewcount, that bandwidth will be more than enough.

MeMo likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This is my cooling solution when I'm rendering video:

[​IMG]

My CPU package temperature is still hitting 89°C; before I took the top off and pointed the fan at it, it was hitting 100°C and throttling by as much as 50%.

I knew my CPU ran hot but I didn't realise that it got this hot under 95%-100% load. Time for a new case and CPU cooler - should've taken @TheMadDutchDude up on his Haswell de-lidding service before he moved to the states! DAMN that's a warm chip!

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Does not the forums resize images after the change as the above is one big image and I have a 34" monitor.lol.

17. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

If you click on it, it resizes.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Certainly does it makes it even bigger.

19. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Ah yes, I am using the narrow/non-stretched display option and the image scales to fit the full width of the forum display. With that option the forum display doesn't stretch to the full width of the screen and so the image is a nice size, unless you click on it.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Change to narrow which has sorted it.