1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Lorenzmoll

Lorenzmoll What's a Dremel?

My flatmates are too loud and I can't sleep.

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Toothe ache. I lost a filling over the weekend, can I get an emergenncy dentist appointment ? Can I heck as like :(

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Have you tried the tea bag method? from personal experience it works, and is absolutely better then clove oil.

Behemoth likes this.
  4. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Not ruining my life but it bothers me a lot. Yesterday, my Brother-in-law got into an argument with a driver who did an illegal driving maneuver. The guy was mad and threatened my brother-in-law, he then followed him to his job and to his home! The man wanted excuses but when my brother-in-law refused, he kicked him in the stomach and ran away. My brother-in-law filed a report to the police but they advised to let it go as it could backfire against him because it would be his words against the other guy's words.

5. Behemoth

Not something that I've heard of but will be looking for info to try it. I hate the taste of cloves.

Dentist appointment this afternoon at 2:30 (Oh the irony!) so hopefully it will be filled again later.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2017
  6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Protip: When in a confrontation like this, ensure you are both in full view of your workplace CCTV.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

First time I've heard that teabagging helps with toothache. You live and learn I guess.

Ha, you have to be joking? Lol. I feel for you mate, my GF is going this afternoon and we're having to fork out about £500 for the pleasure. Swings/roundabouts I guess, her a new tooth, me a new monitor... Fair is fair an' all that.

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I guess a very least it'll take your mind off it...

adidan likes this.
  9. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Well, at least the tooth will be the least of your problems at that point... It's like the old method of stubbing your toe then immediately pinching yourself to distract yourself from the other pain?

adidan likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Phone/ISPs.

It's not really their fault, but extemely irritating none the less.

Basically we (or I now) are on 72mb fibre. I don't want nor need that to myself, so want to drop the package to 40oddmb which is £10 cheaper a month. However, they want (Plusnet) my ex to sign a 1 year contract and she has refused. Because you cannot change the name on the account (which I understand) that means I have to basically have it disconnected and shut off, then apply for a new account/plan etc in my name.

That means I'm going to be bored shitless. I will have to go over my mother's I think, I will go insane otherwise.

11. Behemoth

Nope thats a straight up appointment that was offered straight away. Work don't like it - but they can get stuffed. They told me to cancel it to begin with and book a days holiday which I may not get and then have it done. Said given we are all under notice and have no job to goto at the end of the month I'm sure my union would like a nice fight over them not allowing me to attend an emergency dental appointment - they soon changed their tune and said oh no thats fine you can go then.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Good lady just arrived home moaning that unlike our cat she will not get a rough towelling after she got wet in the rain. When I pointed out unlike Millie she has an umbrella to which she replied, yes she does have a brolly but it was at the bottom of her shopping trolley and she could not get to it. Don't you just love em?

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Bloody hell! Technically employers don't have to give time off for dental appointments BUT considering emergency dental treatment (and this sounds like an emergency) falls under the remit of sickness absence they haven't really got a leg to stand on.

14. Behemoth

Whats she moaning about, unlike Millie she can dry herself off with a towel.

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Got a scratch on my Glass Lens. Poo.

16. Vault-Tec

Split with my wife about a month ago. I was doing really, really well until last night when I started thinking about the first year of being together (the only good one tbh). Why do brains do that? why does it forget to include the two years of solid abuse?

I dunno. Stupid brains.

MLyons and adidan like this.
  17. Vault-Tec

On my Linux rig (not that that's a bad thing). This morning my daily PC froze, went to a BSOD with a watchdog error and when I rebooted my PC was stopping at the Revodrive check screen and I was unable to enter its bios. Bummer :(

It's done well, but trust it to die when SSDs are stupid expensive. Not bought a replacement just yet trying to get a somewhat reasonable price which is going to be hard in this climate !

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Morons I work with, genuine exerts from a fault...

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Pity it didn't die yesterday, when the Sandisk Ultra II 500GB was knocked down from £150 to £119 during Amazon Prime day. :duh:

20. Vault-Tec

Yeah, see now there's another thing. I just went to Amazon and put a Intel NVME 120gb drive in my basket with a Asus adapter. Went to log in, login refused. It seems my wife has changed the password on our Amazon account and there goes Prime with it.

Mum is going to get it, but not until next month.