1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Work related - "Can I speak to the owner of the business"

Discussion in 'General' started by Weekly_Estimate, 30 Nov 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Really? Like, really? "Please wait in line while we get around to annoying you"

2. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Indeed. And on the cell phone makes me want to use tactical nukes...

3. jazzzyj

jazzzyj Minimodder

I usually go with "Let me put you through now..." *click*
    Its even more funny when they call back "I was on the phone and I got cut off..." *click*

mvagusta likes this.
  4. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Actually start sounds a lot like what I had to say to thousands of poor sods when I was working in telemarketing...

Basically we got given pretty much a cross between the thompson local and some rip from company's house, sometimes there would be a director's name, most times it'd be blank and we'd have to engineer our way to someone with purchase authority.

So, any calls like that ask them which company they're with and it's "To do with your BT account" (which they could ligitimately say) or if they were a bit more honest, Unicom/Universal Communications, Universal, Universal Utilities, United Telecom etc (all trading names of the actual company) just say you've got TPS

Sad thing is, it's all just paper sheets and your number might be on loads of them so someone writing TPS on one doesn't mean you won't be called again.

But there is light.. if they call more than 3 times, with TPS I think that counts as harrassment.. try and have a talk to their manager.

(This obviously assumes the company is registered with TPS (free to do, in fact anyone can register them not just the owner))

5. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

This drives me nuts.:grr:

6. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

7. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I work in a call centre as a tech support agent, level 1, lowest of the low considering what I used to do, but hey it pays the bills, mostly. Customers calling in asking for the owner, like he's going to actually 1) come into the office and 2) talk to some random customer.

I've explained to some before, you want to talk to the owner, write a letter. Some of them don't get why he isn't there to talk to them, so I've explained why. He owns the business, doesn't mean he runs it.

8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk

At home, I used to get called 3 times a week by the same Scottish lady trying to sell me double glazing- didnt seem to take the hint that this is rented accomodation from a sheltered housing organization.
    Also got regular calls from companies wanting to turn my home into a showhome ( free make over but you have to let random strangers walk around your home to view it- yeah right ).

TPS dealt with most of those quite effectively, but that doesnt stop BT phoning up ( see video ) trying to sell you BT vision or some other bollocks; you cant really hang up on them as they provide your phone line & broadband ( well, mine anyway- no real complaints either ). I listen to the nice young mans sales pitch and then politely tell him 3 or 4 times that I dont watch much TV so BTVision isnt much good for me ( I can find the latest films elsewhere for free, ta mate... ).

At work though it gets annoying; no you cant speak to the buying department or IT manager as this is an MOD navy base, no we dont want to buy our products from your company as we have a set list of suppliers and cant add new companies as we please, no this isnt the headoffice of our company we're just a small retail outlet... **groan**