1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Worklog] Blue Dimension 2.0

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by fiscalmodding, 25 Sep 2015.

1. fiscalmodding

fiscalmodding What's a Dremel?

Header
    This first work was a mess for me, the material was all acrylic plastic and the vinyl was pretty bad.
    [​IMG]
    Sponsors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hardware:
    CPU: i7-4790 4,2Gh
    PSU: Enermax platimax 750w
    RAM: Gskill Ripjaws x blue 2133 8gb 2x4gb cl9
    SSD:Corsair Force LS 60g, 2xKingston hyper x 240g
    Motherboard: Intel socket 1150 - asus maximus 6 hero
    Case: Cooler master cosmos Se
    Gpu: gtx 980 asus strix
    Watercooling:
    gpu block: EK-FC980 GTX Strix - Acetal+Nickel
    backplate: EK-FC980 GTX Strix Backplate - Black
    Radiator: Phobya G-Changer 240 hpc and ocool nexxoss 360
    Cpu block: ibercool nickel intel
    pump: Ocool D5 and ek D5
    reservoire: Aquacomputer Aqualis D5 100 ml, G1/4 and EK-XRES 100 D5
    tubbing: thygoon 19/13
    Racors: ek 19/13
    But I wantted to update the build and try to work with better materials and slowly, Then, I get my liquid loop done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A VRAM from my 780ti crashed, and they didn't have a new one were I bought it and for a little more money they get me a new 980. I get the new GPU and wait for the new block for taking some photos.
    [​IMG]
    I bought the GPU block and a blackplate, and a local shop give me a new liquid which they made.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After that I made a sleeving work ussing teleios and bought a D5 pump with top.
    [​IMG]
    Then I painted the pci grids.
    [​IMG]
    Changing the reservoir and pump.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I mounted a new triple radiator on the front of the case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I made a bay for the SSDs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mounting the triple radiator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Two loops+ mayhems pastel.
    I wanted to have to different loops, one for the CPU and the other for the GPU, because I needed more presure form the pump for having two differents pressures in each radiator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cleaning and installing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had to do a new bracket for the new block.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Case extension and updates.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was like this until I finished the extension but I thought to take out the fornt of the case and the top part and flip the mother board and all the stuff.
    [​IMG]
    Front.
    This would be the fornt of the case and I will cut it by cnc, is methacrylate.
    [​IMG]
    would be the top part of the case, also cutted by cnc and is made from steel.
    [​IMG]
    I'm waitting for a budget of the cut and then I will start to do a cover for the mother board. After that I want to realign the blocks and radiators. The last part is to flip the interior of the case.

2. fiscalmodding

Update 02/11/2015
    After sanding the expansion
    [​IMG]

I did the first coat of paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The result was nice, and then I started to riveting it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then I putted the "legs" of the case. And the order from ek arrived, I buyed PETG rigid tubbing, blue fittings and a new radiator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For putting the fans in the new top part of the case I had to cut the new holes for it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I engaged the extension to the case and sanded it for doing the first try of painting. I covered the PSU hole and a part of the front

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. fiscalmodding

Update 27/01/16
    Hi, in this last 2-3 months I had some problems with the cnc cuts,a friend tried to cut it with his cnc, but the aluminion was to hard and he break the cutting top, we wasted 3 weeks trying to fix that.
    Then I started looking for a profesional company and I found had some trouble with them, the day i asked for a price they told me one amount, the next day that amount was increased but I accepted that offer. A week after that they didn't call me, I phoned them and they asked me to send again wat I wanted. And a week later, they gived up. After that I didn't keep in contact with that company.
    The I found an other company, they offer me some aluminium and the cuts for less than the 60%, but the shipping was bad and it last 2 weeks. I'm sorry for not posting anythink in this last 3 months, I had a lot of work too.

Sandpapering and painting
    I figured out a little ramp on the extension, I disassembled and sanded it.
    Also I taked appart the full case for sandpapering and painting it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    26/02/16
    I finally finished sanding all the pieces, I'm measuring some parts for asking for an aluminium cut for the hole of the power supply and the front part, also I'm thinking of panting the black part with baked paint and to the interior parts with pearly blue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Update 21/03/16
    I'm preparing the extension, at first I didn't want to use nails on the grids but I finally putted it for confort, when I take it apart the grids or remove something from the case. I've made a small hole for pass trough the wires, it has to be sanded because, it is thick, I couldn't do it with the dremel and I finished using the radial cutting. I putted washers in the visible part for trying not to damage the blue washers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]